Job #: 14791
Title: Technical Engineer (Automotive)
Job Location: Hamptonville, North Carolina - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Hands-on Technical Engineer to provide Technical Assistance, Support and coordinate Launch activities for new product launches. Heavy involvement with Launch activities to include Tooling and Tooling controls, equipment and equipment controls. Also, to provide support to Operations, Quality, Design Engineering and Maintenance, in order to resolve Manufacturing Issues and to drive Continuous Process Improvements. This engineer has sufficient experience and training to also train, and mentor others. JOB DESCRIPTION
- To be a resource and be actively involved in Product Launch activities regarding equipment and equipment controls, process issues, including (but not limited to) equipment downtime and production of nonconforming product.
- Identify opportunities for technical improvement with existing launch sequences and provide support to Process Engineers and Technical Support Team members
- Project Management. Take responsibility for large-scale projects launch situations. Active involvement from very early stage of launch projects. These would include input with equipment design, supplier identification, fabrication, and ensuring electrical, mechanical and control standards are put in place to fit into equipment specifications and process aspects. Must be capable to oversee project timelines, equipment milestones and critical paths. Must have ability to forward manage capital projects.
- Continuous Improvement Driver: Improve profitability and efficiencies of Business Unit(s) through implementation of process improvements affecting scrap, labor and downtime. Drive continuous improvement initiatives and cost savings through application of Lean and Six Sigma Manufacturing techniques such as 5S, SMED and Error-proofing.
- Participate in APQP meeting and product launches to ensure a smooth transition from design and launch phases into manufacturing. Develop PFMEAs to identify and minimize any potential issues.
- Responsible for equipment purchases, as necessary, including presenting justification for capital expenses on new equipment or process improvements, and design and specification of equipment and standardization of equipment, within manufacturing methods and safety requirements.
- Design and manage new equipment process development, timing, budget, setup, debug and training.
- Work with manufacturing, engineering, and quality to ensure smooth transition from launch process to production setup and implementation at all levels of manufacturing.
- Create, Update, and Maintain Manufacturing Work Instructions (S.O.P.s). Train Operators on Manufacturing processes.
- 4-year technical degree (Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial engineering preferred)
- Technical experience and background preferred.
- Understand MS Project timeline management and critical path
- Provide risk assessment on projects
- Competent PC and PLC Programming skills
- Experience with Database interactions
- Experience with SCADA systems and real time data access
- Understanding of various types of tooling and standards (thermal forming, steel rule dies, etc)
- Functional knowledge of the APQP process and requirements for automotive PPAP
- Functional knowledge of Lean, Six-Sigma and TPM doctrines
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: