Job #: 14823
Title: Manufacturing Quality Manager
Job Location: Stockbridge, Vermont - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
MUST have Injection Molding Mfg Experience.Steady work history.MUST enjoy living in Country so candidates from New England,Upstate NY,Mi,Wi,Mn,Co prefrred.ONLY 45 minutes to Burlington,Vermont.This is the Land of:Skieing,Snowmobiling,Hunting,Camping,Hikeing,yet ONLY 2.5 hours to Boston or Montreal.MUST be US Citizen or Perm Resident. JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
DEPARTMENT: Stockbridge Operations Molding/Production
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
Support the Stockbridge manufacturing operation by ensuring that all plant equipment and machinery is maintained in accordance with the original equipment manufacturers specifications and requirements. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager has a leadership role in process support, equipment reliability, and continuous improvement. They must be able to resolve complex issues related to: plant machinery and equipment, tooling, and facility maintenance. This position requires a hands-on approach using best practice techniques while managing/prioritizing departmental needs and subordinate actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the actions of: Facility/Machine Maintenance Technician, Mold Maintenance Supervisor, and Building Maintenance/Custodian
- Trouble shoots production processes, equipment, and tooling
- Specifies/requisitions all new/replacement production equipment
- Drives Lean Manufacturing by incorporating reliable automation systems into processes
- Interpret processes received and makes necessary conversions for production equipment to be used
- Ensures required process development information accompanies new tooling
- Perform tests on molds, which cannot be tested at the Technology Center.
- Improves and documents processes on existing molds, using established systematic techniques
- Assists in training of new Team Leaders and QMC/Process Technicians
- Conducts cycle improvement
- Assists with investigations of reject product and the development of corrective actions
- Conducts DOE
- Seeks opportunities for labor reduction and assists in implementation
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, written instructions, and operating procedures. Excellent written & verbal communications skills are a must.
- 5 years experience in injection molding processing; Degree in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering desired
- Must have comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of injection molding process, machines, robotics, and auxiliary equipment
- Knowledge of ISO standards, SPC, TQM, and GMP
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and manufacturing personnel
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to take a systematic approach to process optimization and problem solving
- Extensive hands-on experience with the entire injection molding process and associated equipment
- Up-to-date knowledge of injection molding machinery and equipment technology
- Skilled in basic metrology; working knowledge of geometric tolerances and ability to interpret drawings; some experience in design and process statistical capability studies desired
- Excellent organizational, planning, and analytical skills; some knowledge of PC based computer software such as MS Word 6.0, Excel 5.0, and program management software
- Flexibility to work as needed when necessary BS in Plastics Engineering or Math or equivalent, desired
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: