Job #: 14831
Title: Process Production Engineer - Chemicals
Job Location: Columbia, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a 400 person plant near Columbia SC that produces a number of products from Chemical Intermediates to Pharmaceutical. Seeks Process Engineer JOB DESCRIPTION
Duties: This is a classic Production Process Engineering position with Optimization, Trouble shooting, firefighting and problem solving responsibilities but there is much more to it than that. The focus will be on Process Improvement and true Chemical Engineering. They want someone who can direct the people on the floor and also be able to make presentations to upper management.
Below is clients description.
The Lead PI Engineer will support company by participating in the Companys efforts of Process Improvement and providing leadership to the operations, safety, quality and environmental groups. This role will identify, execute, and track profits using lean manufacturing techniques (Kaizen events) and DMAIC principles. The Lead PI Engineer will collaborate frequently with all functions of the OBG manufacturing team, coupled with corporate R&D, Manufacturing Technology, Engineering and Capital Planning, EHS and Regulatory Affairs, and Supply Chain Excellence. The Lead PI Engineer is responsible for discharging the responsibilities listed below: Safety/Health/Environment:
- Support the Company to achieve world-class EHS performance.
- To be responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- Complete all required safety training in a timely manner.
- Incorporate Human Organizational Performance (HOP) into all work activities where relevant.
Implement Process Improvements:
Provide Technical Support to the Plant:
- Scope, Plan, Setup, Run and support training for process improvement events or projects within a cross-functional team.
- Proactively Co-lead or participate in Kaizen Events, process/business improvements efforts and strategic improvement events.
- Proactively assist project sponsors, process owners, NALT, and the VP of Business Excellence in developing a portfolio of continuous improvement projects for the OBG site that are aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Achieve hard dollar savings meeting the site savings goals, identify CAPEX needs for PI projects and update PI projects on a monthly basis.
- Identify new Process Improvement Concepts that generates savings/efficiencies, perform initial financial analysis for viability and develop project scope.
- Work independently or w/minimal supervision on process improvement opportunities to standardize or optimize workflow to drive efficiencies @ OBG
New Product development / Change synthesize to existing product:
- Develop and implement safety, quality and environmental projects to meet the needs for compliance, continuous improvement and remediation.
- Facilitate and participate in EHAs, PHAs, QHAs and various other long-term safety/environmental initiatives
- Study processes with aid of PI Historian, CMMS, Delta V Report Hub, Aspen and other tools to identify potential issues/opportunities for process improvement.
- Initiate improvements with minimal supervision and/or assist operations with piloting or scaling up improvement projects at a plant level.
- Assist operations with technical support and major project start-ups
- Investigate alternate synthetic routes to existing processes and perform lab trials for validation
- Participate as manufacturing liaison or start-up team member for new product installation
Education and Experience:
- Possess a Four Year College Degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited program minimum.
- Management degree not required but beneficial.
- 8-15 years of related experience or equivalent
- Must be willing to travel 5-10% of the time.
- Competent in basic PC skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Experience with DeltaV or Wonderware not required but beneficial
- Occasionally work > 40 hrs/week or nights/weekends
- Functional Teamwork participant or leads team(s), effective communicator, change management participant and builds team cohesiveness.
- Mentor and coach lesser experienced engineers willingness to learn from others
- Business savvy, simplification mindset, creative thinker, lean methodology conviction.
- Customer mindset, sense of urgency, prioritization, Get-things-done mentality.
Specific Functional Competencies:
- Positive can do attitude, navigates ambiguity, flexible, effective time management skills, willingness to learn new concepts/skills and apply.
- Sound foundation of alkyl phenol and/or antioxidant chemistry is preferred.
- Pharma/cGMP experience would be beneficial but not required
- Possesses a wide array of engineering and production disciplines pertaining to the chemistries practiced at this company. Can work in those environments with minimal supervision.
- Technological savvy - Working familiarity of statistical package to interact effectively with colleagues. Also, awareness of analysis tools such as PI Historian, NWA analytics, minitab, Aspen modeling and other similar improvement tools.
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written, must be able to partner with other organizational leaders to support, lead and drive cross functional projects/initiatives.
- Project management skill - support and co-lead and projects and events with a sense of urgency
Experience: BS Chemical Engineer with 8-15 years experience. Client is looking for an In Plant hands-on Production Process Engineer with examples of Process Improvements accomplishments. They want experience from the Chemical Process Industry or Pharma something where unit operations are utilized. This is a mostly a batch process that uses distillation, reaction, solids separations solids handling, blending, packaging and more. Lean manufacturing or six sigma is a plus. They want someone who is promotable into a operations management role within a few years.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: