Job #: 14834
Title: Purchasing Manager
Job Location: Memphis, Tennessee - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: up to 20% bonus, paid relocation, great benefits, paid vaca
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opp wtih growing company! Need a strong communicator who can travel up to 10% for supplier management. Looking for a leader who can create & maintain good relationships with vendors and negotiate best price. Looking for someont who can use current info to forecast trends & how those trends will impact our bottom line.
You `ll truly have some serious input as to how we do business!
Great location - metro area - can live in city or nearby countryside. Lots of city amenities.
MUST have Chemicals background. JOB DESCRIPTION
* Developing an overall purchasing strategy. QUALIFICATIONS
* Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
* Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers.
* Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them.
* Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided.
* Ensuring suitable level of raw materials on hand to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels.
* Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
* Communicate price and service metrics to the management teams, explaining root causes and solutions for underperforming metrics.
* 5+ years in purchasing/procurement in CHEMICALS.
* Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
* Ability to frequently communicate with outside suppliers & up to 10% travel.
* Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities to meet deadlines on schedule
* Strong analytical, problem solving & relational skills and understanding of the manufacturing and distribution processes.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: