Job #: 15105
Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Location: New York City, New York - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: discretionary bonus, generous benefits, OT
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Thriving, well-run company with great benefits: employer-paid medical/no deductions. Great opportunity for a skilled administrative professional who enjoys independent projects as well as organizational support work. Need strong Excel and Word skills. JOB DESCRIPTION
Requires: Experienced, polished administrative professional with proficient Word, Excel skills. 5-10 years of experience. Capable with heavy calendar, travel arrangements, presentation materials, confidentiality.
The company is a thriving development, investment and operating company focused on power generation, energy infrastructure and related investments. This role supports two divisional groups with different purviews in asset management and private equity. Considerable initiative, judgment and discretion is required in completing assignments with minimal supervision.
- Perform a range of operational support activities for the company
- Compose and edit correspondence and/or memoranda from verbal direction or from knowledge of established department/ division policies
- Answer phone calls and relay messages for group of 8+; provide backup phone coverage for another group as needed
- Process expense reports. Work with IT and Accounting departments to ensure that proper procedures and policies are being followed for expenses, invoices etc.
- Coordinate travel (air, cars, hotels), often for large groups and prepare complex logistics involving remote destinations.
- Arrange meetings (enter guests thru security system, order lunch, reserve conference rooms) and conference calls
- Print, scan and fax documents
- Handle large scale print/ binding jobs for Asset Management budget meetings
- Format/ edit documents in Word, Excel, Power Point
- Provide coverage at the reception desk and serve as backup to other assistants
- Maintain Outlook Calendars and Contacts for upper management in the group
- Track expenses for office accounts reconciliation reports
- Manage Sharepoint Task Tracker by obtaining and organizing Asset Management weekly files and monthly reports; Tracker also used to track asset manager progress on all current and prospective plant projects.
- Coordinate with Plant Managers, Asset Managers and Accounting to track all plant reporting including: Budgets, Insurance Documentation, Regulatory Documentation and Major Maintenance Schedules
- Compile Weekly Action Items spreadsheet from asset managers tracking progress on all current and prospective plant projects.
- Upload and maintain Dataroom as needed. Upload and save large amounts of documentation to specific plant folders in the New Data Room
- Sit in on Weekly Asset Management calls once per week or bi-weekly.
- Assist with recruitment by scheduling interviews and process expense reimbursement for candidates
- Handle last-minute, unscheduled tasks outside of basic job description
- Position requires an independent, organized individual with great attention to detail. Must be extremely reliable and have a positive attitude. 5 to 10 years of experience.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, open-floor environment
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Proficiency with Adobe Reader, Sharepoint, IntraLinks a plus
- Team player; communicates effectively with group and is willing to help others outside of designated coverage group
- Resourceful and creative in completing tasks without significant direction
- Willing to take on new responsibilities and take accountability for completion of assigned projects
- Ability to follow-up to make sure projects are completed correctly and on time
- Able to work well under pressure and maintain professionalism under all circumstances
- Self-motivated, eager to excel
- Bachelors degree preferred; not required.
How to Apply: