Job #: 14928
Title: PLC - HMI Programmer - manufacturing facilities
Job Location: Kankakee, Illinois - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
travel is 90% so can live anywhere
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client company is a global leader in the manufacture and supply of commercial and residential roofing products who is seeking an electrical engineer to travel to their manufacturing plants in the US to provide electrical assistance including programming, troubleshooting, project engineering and project management to our various manufacturing plants. US HQ is Kankakee, IL, JOB DESCRIPTION
Work with different plants to overcome production problems and improve safety systems.
Design, testing, commissioning, start-up, reconditioning, and predictive maintenance of protection and control systems.
Engineering new technologies into existing equipment configurations.
Act as a corporate resource for automation systems development and implementation.
Supervise and assign work to team members and contractors as required.
Project cost estimation, work planning, scheduling, coordination, and reporting. QUALIFICATIONS
REQUIREMENTS: US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Available to travel nationally up to 90% of the time.
Degree/diploma in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
Minimum 2 years hands on experience programming PLC - HMI in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent design, supervisory, project and manufacturing experience in industrial applications.
- 2+ yrs of experienced in PLC and HMI systems design, programming, commissioning and start up including system hardware selection, I/O panels and subsystems layout and wiring.
- Experienced with various PLC and HMI applications (including RSlinx, RSlogix5, 500, 5000, & Factory Talk View)
- Experienced with various motion controllers, servo systems and AC/DC drives.
- Experienced with various PLC networks, Industrial Networking, Control & Distribution Panels, Switchgears, MCC and Measuring & Control (Instrumentation)
- Knowledge of the electrical safety code and its application in industrial wiring and power distribution.
- Excellent analytical, technical, problem-solving, research and teamwork skills
- Computer skills Autocad, MS Project, Excel, Word, etc.
- Organizational skills managing projects both short and long term.
- Well versed in English. (written and verbal)
- Familiar with hydraulic and pneumatic machinery a plus.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 90% of the time to sites across North America
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: