Job #: 15038
Title: Sr ProcessTechnology Design Engineer
Job Location: Decatur, Alabama - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 12-16% Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Decatur ALABAMA is a medium-sized city with the benefits of both a small community and the resources of a larger city. Close to Huntsville and with easy access to major cities like Memphis, Nashville and Atlanta, the area offers a great mix of small town southern traditions, nice weather and a friendly community. The nearby population of engineers, working in high-tech defense and the space industry, provides diversity and has driven the local school systems to become among the best in the country. There are plenty of entertainment options including minor-league hockey, concerts, parks, and recreation on the Tennessee River. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Process Technology Design Engineer will lead projects for the Technology organization requiring significant capital. This will include leading projects through early technology selection, bench scale proof of concept, and developing the Process Design Package for the commercial unit. Projects will include unit operation implementation that is new to the Decatur ADN process as well as the possible build out of semi works for pilot testing.
Programs within the Decatur Technology organization are in support of the adiponitrile process. The adiponitrile facility at Decatur is the worlds largest production facility utilizing organic electrochemistry for the synthesis of organic products.
- Successful identification and implementation of capital solutions that meet the identified needs: Ensure that the voice of the customer is properly captured and that the needs identified are met by the final design. The key internal customers will be cross-functional (ex.- Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Technology) and will offer up key considerations that may be significantly different. The successful candidate will be able to take these varying views and pritoitize towards the optimal solution.
- Efficient execution of Technology capital projects: Capital projects will either directly or indirectly support key Technology Programs that are a key compoenent of the ADN LRP. Execution in a timely and efficient manner is a must.
- Ensure that the designs developed are properly designed for safe operation. This will require heavy interfacing with ESSH and involvement in process design PHAs.
- Projects will rely on input from a cross-functional team. The Process Technology Design engineer will have to effectively lead and faciliatate teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Outside of the team, effective collaboration with peers will be a must to ensure the success of the project.
- Be able to translate needs and objectives into actionable goals.
- Escalate any issues and/or barriers to success so that they can be properly managed.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, from PhD chemists to operations personnel, to senior leadership.
- The Process Technology Design engineer will be the face of the projects being led to executive leadership. The person in this role will be required to make proposals to executive leadership to facilitate decisions.
Site Process Technology Leader
- The Decatur Technology Team is comprised of B.S. and PhD. Chemists and Lab Technicians. Stage Gate and capital teams include Production Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and Process Engineers.
- Minimum B.S. in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in chemical industry.
- Experience in scaling up from lab scale to industrial chemical processes.
- Experience with a wide variety of unit operations (liquid extractors, distillation, liquid-liquid separation devices, reactors, etc.).
- Experience in building out Process Design Packages for capital projects.
- Six Sigma Certification is a plus.
- Capable of constructing Process Design Packages.
- Experienced with developing PFDs with energy and material balances.
- Experience with executing capital projects.
- Capable at asking the right questions and organizaing input to insure that goals of the design are clear.
- Organized and well-structured leader.
- Capable leader effective at driving for results and holding others accountable.
- Capable of distilling complex interactions into simple, understandable, and useful models.
- Skilled at interpreting data and input from others. Capable of questioning and objectively separating fact from fiction.
- Capable of anticipating risks and developing plans to mitigate and/or retire those risks.
- Skilled in using sound statistics to analyze data.
- Knowledge of basic plant instrumentation and analytical techniques.
- Good understanding of plant finance as it pertains to understanding program costs and benefits.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: