Job #: 15041
Title: Senior Backend Software Engineer
Job Location: San Francisco, California - United States
Salary: $115,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
San Francisco Bay Area
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We`re hiring world-class software engineering talent to help our infrastructure keep up with daunting growth rates. We are literally working to change the world by revolutionizing the way people use energy.
Want to work on massively scalable consumer systems? Re-invent how consumers use energy? Have a measurable impact on one of humanitys biggest challenges? You`ll work alongside passionate engineers engaged in the design and development of a product that is changing the world. JOB DESCRIPTION
As a Staff Software Engineer, youll help lead technical direction for all customer facing applications and will also lead the way in transforming large portions of our stack to Serverless.
- Help establish the standards for the team in areas of technical excellence.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and our UX designers to develop applications that can be easily tested and perform well under a variety of network conditions.
- Champion adherence to best-practice development methodologies.
- Design and code appropriate, scalable, and secure algorithms, data structures, and software components.
- Lead design and code reviews.
- Facilitate automated testing so all teams can innovate at a rapid pace.
- Mentor and build skills across the team through effective standards setting, code reviews, and pairing.
- Tune production applications to maximize efficiency.
- 8+ years experience designing and coding enterprise level applications
- Spring Boot / Spring Cloud / Spring 5 experience
- Maven/Gradle build experience
- Experience with REST API architecture and development especially using Swagger or Apigee.
- Strong knowledge of Git including version control, branching, merging/rebasing, and pull requests.
- Solid understanding of MVC architecture and frameworks.
- Strong focus on automation including Continuous Integration / Deployment especially using Groovy or Jenkins pipelines.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and federated authentication systems.
- Good security practices and experience writing code that manages customer data.
- Impeccable communication and team skills with shared ownership of code and other deliverables.
- Education : BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or Math is preferred.
Bonus Technical Skills
- Algorithmic development, data structures and scientific computing
- Knowledge of Computational Geometry and Linear Algebra.
- Familiarity with Docker, Serverless architectures like AWS Lambda, and/or DynamoDB, ECS, EC2, S3, SQS, Kinesis, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Athena, Aurora, RDS, SageMaker.
- Experience in machine learning (especially TensorFlow and XGBoost), deep learning, computer vision, and/or natural language processing.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: