Job #: 15043
Title: Analytical Chemist- early career
Job Location: Tappan, New York - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Analytical Chemist Location: Rockland County, NY (Near Ramapo, Nanuet, & Tappan NY and Park Ridge NJ) **
An opportunity for an Analytical Chemist to support of a green process development effort.
- A highly collaborative professionally run organization with stated company values like honesty and integrity, and world renowned business partners who provide additional R&D support and process design assistance.
- They are funded by large well-known companies who are interested in the final product. For example, an investor might be interested in a green source of plastic for making beverage bottles. It seems that renewed funding is attainable via a stage-gate-like progress analysis.
Features and Benefits:
- Expect a competitive salary plus stock options along with a nice benefits package including paid vacation & holidays, group medical & dental benefits (intended to attract top talent from larger corporations) plus annual employee reviews with raises retroactive to the 1st of the year.They make good salary offers.
- As a small-company, there is no corporate red tape and the work culture is hands-on, business like but casual!As a ground-floor opportunity, all employees have a vested interest in the success.
- Youll be working in partnership with some highly accomplished experts in Process Development and can expect a great atmosphere for fast tracked results. Plus, youll gain highly valuable contacts for future networking.
This is a critically important position since reliable data is a key to success as they work to develop a novel process for the manufacture of plastics. The position will include a significant amount of self-directed work. Ive been placing talent with this client since 2012 and have noticed very quick progress through various process development steps and yet, youll still be getting in near the ground floor in this well-funded startup company.
The Analytical Chemist will work in the analytical testing lab in support of process development. Our client is developing a novel green process (biomass-to-chemical) including steps from pre-treatment of the biomass feedstock (for contaminant reduction) to downstream petrochemical processing. Reporting to the VP of Research, your work will involve the Analytical Chemistry in support of Pilot Plant operations and Process Development. Instruments include: GC, GC-MS, IC (ion-exchange chromatography), and ICP- Atomic Emissions Spectroscopy.
As time permits, you will also participate in hydrocarbon product development studies. This requires an ability to plan and manage test programs involving company resources, 3rd-party laboratory, and external certification bodies such as ASTM and other industry consortium groups. QUALIFICATIONS
Skills working with analytic instrumentation and a history working as part of a Process Development team.
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry
- 3+ years of experience as an Analytical Chemist with time spent supporting petrochemical or refinery applications.
- Expert level skills troubleshooting analytical instrumentation used in petrochemical processing: GC, GC-MS, IC (ion-exchange chromatography), and ICP- Atomic Emissions Spectroscopy.
- The position requires significant problem solving skills, excellent communication skills, initiative, and a strong pro-active approach.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions.
Footnote: ** Location & Cost of Living is potentially lower than might be expected (COL *103 +): HQ in suburban Rockland County NY with various types of areas to live in Rockland Country, with a low crime rate and several Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence and a lower than expected COL(120). -OR- Easy commute from Orange Country NY which is less congested and has a lower COL (103). -OR- For fun, live in NYC, but COL (180) is high, as expected. (By definition the Natl Average COL is 100. bestplaced.net).
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: