Job #: 15046
Title: Lead Analytic Scientist/Lead Data Engineer
Job Location: San Diego, California - United States
Salary: $135,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10% Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are seeking an experienced Lead Analytic Scientist for our client in San Diego, Calif. This is a direct hire opportunity. They are seeking a highly motivated individual eager to learn and apply cutting edge computing technologies for advanced applications possessing strong communication skills and the ability to work efficiently in a team environment.
Our client is a global leader in financial analytics software whose groundbreaking work is actively shaping the industry. In addition to a competitive salary, incentive plan, and comprehensive benefits package, employees are offered opportunities for personal recognition, professional development, and a flexible work/life balance. The San Diego office is in a centralized location near the beach that also makes it a great place to live: new restaurant and retail centers, top school district and biking/hiking trails.
Our client is creating the science and technology behind Fraud Detection. Be a part of a team who helps to wipe out financial fraud activities by staying at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). Want to build something meaningful and have fun while doing it? They do too. Use cutting-edge technology to help build that next best solution. If you are a problem solver and like the idea of solving tough problems with data and analytics in real-world situations, you will thrive in this role! You will have the opportunity to work side by side with some of the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry who share a passion for innovation.
- High performance culture promoting recognition, rewards and professional development
- Competitive base salary coupled with attractive role-specific incentive plan
- Comprehensive benefits program
- Work with large amounts of real-world data
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including data collection, normalization and transformation
- Research and select appropriate statistical methods and computational algorithms.
- Build and/or oversee teams building high-end analytic models for relevant problems using statistical modeling techniques. Manage these projects under time constraints, working with other teams to provide high quality support to enable integration and deployment of analytics software and solutions.
- Assist with model go-lives by performing production data validations and analysis of models in production.
- Assist with client meetings to investigate and resolve problems. Apply data mining methodology in thorough analyses of model behavior and provide support for customer meetings, model construction and pre-sales. May also participate in post-implementation support.
- When opportunity presents itself, advance position in the market for analytical and statistical software by helping to understand and anticipate market needs.
- MS or PhD degree in computer science, engineering, physics, statistics, mathematics, operations research or natural science fields with significant years of hands-on related experience in predictive modeling and data mining is required.
- Experience analyzing large data sets and applying data-cleaning techniques along with performing statistical analyses leading to the understanding of the structure of data sets.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams on medium to large scale projects and handling client interactions requiring strong communication skills.
- Strong scripting experience using Perl, Bash, or similar.
- Experience working with two of the following: Java, Python, C++ or C.
- Proven and demonstrable experience with at least three of the following: neural networks, logistic regression, non-linear regression, random forests, decision trees, support vector machines, linear/non-linear optimization.
- Familiarity with cloud computing technologies such as AWS or OpenStack a plus.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any U.S. employer. Relocation assistance available within the United States.
Staff Smart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: