Job #: 15060
Title: Maintenance Manager - Los Angeles
Job Location: Wilmington, California - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 7-21% bonus 401K & Pension Plan
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Maintenance Manager requires strong leadership skills and the ability to interact with all departmental functions within the plant, including but not limited to, safety training, repair of equipment, predictive maintenance planning, and preventative maintenance of existing machines. Requires use of Six Sigma analytical tools to assist in problem resolution relative to production needs, and thorough understanding of plant processes. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Manage preventative and reactive maintenance to optimize production efficiency while minimizing maintenance costs. Will prepare and submit internal and external reports according to local and department requirements including capital appropriations, maintenance spending, and capital spending reports. Utilization of Six Sigma tools to develop applicable projects for the plant. Significant involvement in problem solving situations relative to preventive and predictive maintenance, installation, modification, and repair of equipment. Exercising discretion when making decisions, and use of independent judgment within policy and procedure guidelines, are included as part of the responsibilities of this position.
- Location: Wilmington, CA
- Top end of salary: $110k *MAX* there is bonus, excellent benefits including 401K and PENSION and will relocate!
- Needs experience in a union environment
- Has to have run overall maintenance, not just projects
- Heavy Industrial
- PLC programming
- First shift, but needs to be available to work off hours and weekends for shutdowns and emergencies
- Planning, scheduling, & budgeting maintenance activities.
- Assist plant in providing a safe place to work, while enabling quality products to be produced through effective and efficient management of maintenance activities relative to design, cost selection, construction, and installation of equipment.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable corporate and governmental guidelines, rules, and regulations pertaining to health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Thorough knowledge of PLCs, AC/DC motors, and servo drives.
- Report all EH&S incidents - Injuries/Recordables, Near Misses, First Aid, Environmental and Property/Equipment damage.
- Conduct weekly SMAT Audits.
- Ensure adherence to Waste Management and Recycling responsibilities.
- Participate in Incident & Near Miss Investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Participate in the development, understanding and review of all position JSA and SOPs.
- Bachelor of Science Degree- Engineering (Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years industrial manufacturing experience or equivalent work experience.
- Necessary skills to manage all aspects of high level projects in manufacturing environments.
- Maintenance management experience with working knowledge of hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical equipment and procedures.
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local building codes and safety regulations is required.
- Ability to solve problems and achieve goals with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills are a must.
- Previous supervisory experience is desired.
- Excellent team player with ability to motivate a team and facilitate improvement.
- Strong computer skills with a focus on Microsoft Office applications and SAP.
- Background in statistical methods, Six-Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: