Job #: 15062
Title: Engineering Maintenance Manager - Seattle
Job Location: Seattle, Washington - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
eeking a hands on style Engineering Maintenance Manager from industrial manufacturing with the passion to go above and beyond working side by side with the team managing multiple capital projects. Excellent benefits including both 401K and Pension! Full relocation package available. JOB DESCRIPTION
Works in a manufacturing plant environment with limited HVAC, concrete floors, and exposure to industrial noise, dust, chemicals and temperature changes. Normal plant operation is 24 hours, 7 days a week and work hours may vary depending on business needs. May require long hours, and weekend and holiday work.
The Engineering and Maintenance Manager provides leadership in effectively implementing and managing engineering and maintenance strategies to world class levels of safety, environmental impact, quality, service, and efficiency standards within the financial internal controls framework. The positon is responsible for driving short and long term activities that maximize machine reliability and production uptime.
The Seattle manufacturing facility is a 24/7 operation that has three primary production areas (Line 1, Line 2 and Stucco Preparation Area).
- Champions and models a safety first environment and keeps up to date on new safety policies, procedures and initiatives
- Manages the maintenance organization responsible for all plant physical assets including building, grounds, machinery and equipment
- Manages plant engineering activities related to capital expenditure covering design, cost estimation, request submissions, selection/construction, and compliance with local, state and federal environmental and fire prevention standards
- Champions reliability centered engineering activities, utilizing the Professional Maintenance World Class Manufacturing techniques in driving equipment reliabilities to the highest possible levels to eliminate upset conditions and losses
- Responsible for budget preparation, planning and scheduling of all short and long term maintenance activities
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion within established policies and procedures.Must obtain prior approval for significant changes to the approved engineering, budget or maintenance plans.
- Communicates and works with internal contacts including, but limited to; all plant teams in the coordination and scheduling of plant repairs, equipment modifications or installations; purchasing and accounting personnel on requisitions and capital request data; and corporate engineering on special projects
- Communicates and works with external contacts including, but limited to; vendors for repair parts and services and outside contractors to obtain bids for new facilities or equipment; and the governmental agencies and insurance representative on fire prevention, safety inspection, environmental issues, etc.
- Problem solves significant situations involving review of appropriate maintenance strategies, scheduling of preventative and predictive maintenance programs and the installation, modification and /or repair of equipment in a manner which will assure employee safety, minimize production downtime and assure consistent product quality.
- Track and present all key performance indicators (KPIs), performance measures and PM activities
- Provides coaching/mentoring and communicates performance updates and plans as directed
- Models company Vision, Mission and Values and champions Organizational Health methods
- Works in an effective and cross-functional manner with all members of the plant management team
- Attends and participates in regular and ad-hoc meetings and functions as required
- Work off shift, weekends or holidays as required to support planned and unplanned downtime conditions
- Reports to work on a regular and consistent basis
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Management or similar disciplines
- Ten (10) years of equivalent training and/or experience that provides a comprehensive working knowledge of plant engineering/maintenance disciplines, such as automated control systems, programmable logic controllers, safety regulations and practices
- Proven leadership skills in industrial management with 5+ years in a supervisory capacity and a significant background in department or area management
- Significant experience planning, budgeting and completing capital projects with high dollar amounts
- Well versed and be able to demonstrate success in reliability engineering focused on maximizing uptime
- Proven success in 24 hour continuous process environment and familiarity with Lean / World Class principles and practices
- Strong history of people development, teaming, and collaborative decision making. Ability to provide leadership and innovation at all organizational levels, adaptability, customer and supplier focus
- Results driven, flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication
- Strong influencer with conflict management skills
- Strong understanding and experience with gypsum wallboard or associated manufacturing processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with plant maintenance CMMS programs
- Experience in reliability centered maintenance
- Advance MBA degree or MS in Engineering
- Plants annual capital budget and prepares departmental budgets and monitors cost control
- Keeping material and labor costs within the departments budget
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: