Job #: 11733
Title: Controls Engineer
Job Location: Hamptonville, North Carolina - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Controls Engineer to provide Technical Assistance and Support to Operations, Quality, Design Engineering and Maintenance, in order to resolve Manufacturing Issues and to drive Continuous Process Improvements. This engineer has sufficient experience and training to also train, and mentor others. JOB DESCRIPTION
- To be one of the Process Experts regarding equipment and process issues, including (but not limited to) equipment downtime and production of nonconforming product.
- Identify, Implement and Maintain opportunities for technical improvement with existing Process Engineers and Technical Support Team members
- Project Management. Take responsibility for large-scale projects including design, supplier identification, fabrication, budget and timing to insure a successful launch within the required scope of the project as it relates to Electrical and Control aspects.
- Continuous Improvement Driver: Improve profitability and efficiencies of Business Unit(s) through implementation of process improvements affecting scrap, labor and downtime. Drive continuous improvement initiatives and cost savings through application of Lean and Six Sigma Manufacturing techniques such as 5S, SMED and Error-proofing.
- Participate in product launches to ensure a smooth transition from design and launch phases into manufacturing. Develop process failure mode effects analysis (PFMEAs) to identify and minimize any potential issues.
- Responsible for equipment purchases, as necessary, including presenting justification for capital expenses on new equipment or process improvements, as well as design, specification, and standardization of equipment,
- Design and manage new equipment process development, timing, budget, setup, debug and training.
- Work with Operations, Engineering, and Quality departments to setup SPC files for new products/processes or executes changes to existing ones. Work with existing DCS and SCADA systems, as well as develop new ones to ensure accurate process data is available at all levels of manufacturing.
- Create update, and maintain manufacturing work instructions (S.O.P.s). Train operators on manufacturing processes.
- Must be knowledgeable in the effective use of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) tools and concepts to assist in process improvements, both within and externally at our customers/suppliers. Serve as an active participant in LSS programs that promote continuous improvement
- A 4-year technical degree (Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred)
- Technical experience with Vision system integration, programming and Maintenance.
- Technical knowledge of Industrial Networking including but not limited to Ethernet, RS 232 /485, and CANBUS protocols (i.e., DEVICENET, PROFIBUS, etc,)
- Competent PC Programming skills including but not limited to VB, VBA, C++, and JAVA
- Experience with Database integrations including but not limited to SQL, Oracle and Crystal
- Experience Designing and Integrating DCS and SCADA systems for Real-Time Data access
- Understanding of various types of tooling and standards (Metal stamping, steel rule dies, etc)
- Functional knowledge of the APQP process and requirements for automotive PPAP
- Functional knowledge of Lean, Six-Sigma and TPM doctrines
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: