Job #: 15003
Title: EHS Manager (IL)
Job Location: Rockford, Illinois - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Growing food company has this EHS Manager role in their Rockford IL area plant. 100 employee facility looking for an EHS professional with strong safety complaince program management and change agent experience. This is a great tiem to join our client`s organization and demonstrate how you can move the needle with regards to a site`s EHS performance and advancing a culture of compliance. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Implements/maintains consistent EHS&S management systems, including control designs, methods, procedures (SOP/Work Instructions/Standard Work) and programs.
- Establish site strategies, systems and controls to assure company objectives and compliance in the areas of environmental health and safety.
- Establish and report site key EHS performance metrics to ensure scorecard objectives are met.
- Participate in the development and implementation of 3 year EHS improvement plans.
- Acts as liaison between assigned facilities and the Corporate EHS&S Department.
- Focuses EHS&S efforts towards common goals and processes to achieve world-class status.
- Develop and maintain facility wide EHS programs including proactive incident prevention, business continuity plan, hazardous chemical management and employee training.
- Drive employee engagement to create and foster a proactive, empowered safety culture.
- Manage incident reporting process including completion of investigations/RCAs, implementation of corrective actions, and communication to key stakeholders.
- Along with the Human Resources Team, actively manage Workers Compensation cases, working closely with all appropriate parties.
- Bachelor`s Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety & Health, or Engineering related field.
- 3+ years` EHS experience; food industry preferred but not required.
- Experience in managing complex projects, workers compensation claims and/or occupational nurse a plus.
- Experience in a union environment is also a plus
- Willing to travel up to 30%
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: