Job #: 15004
Title: Antenna Test Range Project Manager Job #3155
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Seeking an Antenna Test Range Project Manager. This is very interesting engineering position for a hands-on individual within some exposure to the antenna test and measurement or EMC industry. There is tremendous room for Growth. JOB DESCRIPTION
Job # 3155
If you`re ready to take your Electromagnetic career to the next level, and with a company who will recognize and reward your contributions, then look no further.
The select candidate will immediately start with internal training at our corporate office in GA. This will include training on general antenna measurement principles, EMC testing, SAR as well as our specific system technology implementation, through mentoring from and working with senior engineers & technicians. Advanced training may also take place periodically at our international headquarters with the Maintenance, Application, and Project teams, in order to gain appropriate knowledge of processes and details of our products.
The key function of the Project Manager is to support clients with project requirement definitions, project planning, and project installation and implementation. Keep in mind that we are willing to hire a mid level Project Manager, or a less experienced Project Engineer. Thus depending on your experience and skill level, we can consider you for either of these roles.
Your skills within the Antenna or Electromagnetic - EMC industry, and general antenna measurement principles would be helpful.
This position is a growth oriented opportunity, and will give the candidate an opportunity to grow their knowledge within Telecommunications, ElectroMagnetic Compatibility (EMC), RF technologies, Antenna design, verification, and test & measurement (anechoic chambers) industries, as well as the certification procedures.
Our group is the largest supplier of antenna measurement and ElectroMagnetic Compatibility (EMC) test systems in the world, with a client base in the telecommunications industry, which includes major wireless carriers, handset manufacturers, antenna vendors, and certification laboratories.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Manage projects to ensure that the projects remain within the agreed scope, schedule, budget, and quality
- Act as the liaison between the customer and other parties contributing to the project, including other affiliate offices, and external contractors alike. This will include civil engineering and mechanical services
- Coordinate purchasing and logistic actions related to the project, including management of any subcontractors utilized
- Define and follow up on the production schedule
- Participate in new system installations and calibrations at customer sites, providing assistance and clear guidance to the installation team as needed to ensure proper equipment installation
- Perform validation tests after installation, insure project reporting requirements are fulfilled, and review the results of the calibration & installation with the calibration engineer and the customer
- Review the completion of the project with the customer and provide feedback and reports to the Project Manager
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and execute activities to efficiently accomplish tasks
- Capability and self-motivation to rapidly assimilate information, expand knowledge base, and develop core competencies. Applicant should be self-driven, seeking to assume responsibility and follow-through tasks to completion.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly adjust tasks and travel priorities, according to customer needs
- Good interpersonal skills and customer-centric attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage more than one project at the time
- Capability to work within multi-disciplinary teams, and forge strong relationships in the process
- Must possess excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS office and other common computer SW products (C# programming and MatLab experience are a plus).
- Ability to problem solve, and perform diagnostic repairs on our sophisticated equipment (reading schematics, troubleshooting, and interacting with technical support to identify problems)
- Good hands-on mechanical skills and/or aptitude.
LIFTING OR OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds over your head
- Able to sit for long periods of time
Physical environment is generally safe with minimal health risk. No safety equipment or unusual precautions are required.
This position is ideal if you have skills with Antennas, electromagnetics, telecommunications, Project Engineer, Project Management, RF, test and measurement engineering. QUALIFICATIONS
********** Candidates must be fully authorized to work for any employer within the USA **********
EDUCATIONAL AND / OR WORK REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
A BS degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field (MS preferred)
- - A Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or similar field
- - 3-8 years experience in RF, Antenna, Metrology or Telecommunication industry preferred - (This is NOT an entry level position)
- - Some experience with network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and wireless communication protocols and test instruments is necessary
- - Travel within the USA. Some limited international travel.
1. 2-10 years experience preferred
2. Knowledge in EMC , Radio Frequency (RF) and Antenna fields is a plus. Metrology and/or Antenna / EMC Measurement experience is highly valued.
3. Experience with network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and wireless communication protocols and test instruments preferred
4. Some civil services, or civil engineering experience will also be highly valued. As an example, candidates with an understanding of building codes, electrical / structural and fire marshal requirements of the city/state is desirable
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: