Job #: 15007
Title: Antenna Test Range Applications Engineer Job # 3156
Job Location: San Francisco, California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Seeking an Antenna Test Range Applications Engineer . This unique and newly created job is a home based antenna field service engineering role, and is perfectly suited for you if you are a highly motivated, hands on and dedicated antenna test engineer who enjoys heavy travel within Northern, California. JOB DESCRIPTION
Job # 3156
This unique and newly created job is a home based antenna field service Applications engineering role, and is perfectly suited for you if you are a highly motivated, hands on and dedicated antenna test engineer who enjoys heavy travel within Northern, California. The ideal candidate will have experience in the test & measurement (anechoic chambers), Telecommunications, RF technologies, Antenna verification industries. Frequent customer visits will enable our company to better service our large San Jose based customers within a timely manner. You will support high level installations, repairs, calibrations, and troubleshooting of our customers anechoic chambers, Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) equipment, and OTA test and measurement devices.
- Take ownership of technical issues, and work with our Application team experts to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- You will provide direct technical support to customers remotely or on site.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve urgent technical issues
- Provide training to customers as required
- Ensure the cross-functional coordination of technical and commercial activity
- Work on specification and tenders, proposals and / commercial documentation, and demonstrate products` capabilities to potential and existing customers
- Share experience and application knowledge with co-workers to maximize the efficiency in solving issues.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Proactively Contact customers and arrange visits to assess system performances, and hardware and software functionalities.
- Identify customer needs and maximize the application of our solutions. Gather customers requirements and general feedback, and report to management.
- Ability to relate to customers and customer needs at a high technical level, set realistic customer expectations, translate those customer needs to our internal development team, and follow through to ensure a suitable solution is implemented that meets the customer needs
- Good interpersonal skills and customer-centric attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly adjust tasks and travel priorities, according to customer needs
- Capability and self-motivation to rapidly assimilate information, expand knowledge base, and develop core competencies Applicant should be self-driven, seeking to assume responsibility and follow-through tasks to completion
- Ability to multitask and manage more than one project at the time
- Capability to work within multi-disciplinary teams, and forge strong relationships in the process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS office and other common computer SW products (C# programming and MatLab experience are a plus).
Be prepared to discuss your knowledge and understanding of:
- The differences between time domain & frequency domain
- Your understanding of dB
- Your use and understanding of signal generators, spectrum analyzers and other pieces of ATE
- The measurement of Gain, and how do you adjust / calculate it
- Your understanding of signals, frequencies, and power
- You performance of calibrations on RF test ranges or RF equipment
- Field service work, or Applications engineering experience
- OK with heavy travel
This position may be eligible for basic relocation assistance.
The selected candidate will start this position with an internal training program and will incorporate close contact & mentoring from senior engineers. Advanced training may also take place periodically in our international headquarters with the Maintenance, Application and Project teams, in order to get appropriate knowledge of processes and details of our products.
We are the largest supplier of antenna measurement systems in the world. Our primary client base is in the telecommunications industry, and includes major wireless carriers, handset manufacturers, antenna vendors, and certification laboratories. Our offices support our customers in the Americas, including sales, system integration, technical support & maintenance, measurement services, and various other support functions. Our customer base is comprised of the biggest companies within the Telecommunications industry (e.g. Apple, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, RIM, Palm, etc.).
This candidate will stand, stoop, crawl, and need to be capable of travelling and lifting up to 50 pounds. The employee must occasionally crouch, stoop, or reach. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. QUALIFICATIONS
You must reside in the USA, preferably in the San Francisco bay area, and be fully authorized to work in the United States. At this time we will not consider sponsoring Visa applications
- AA/BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or similar field is a plus
- 3-12 years experience in RF or Telecommunication industry preferred - (This is NOT an entry level position)
- Experience with network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and wireless communication protocols and test instruments preferred
- Knowledge in Radio Frequency and Antenna fields is a plus. Metrology and/or Antenna Measurement experience valued.
- Heavy travel within the San Francisco bay area, and some limited international travel.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: