Job #: 15018
Title: Materials Manager
Job Location: Winchester, Virginia - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 15% bonus (pays out semi-annual)
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Client just increased the salary to $95K base. Great company, over $1B annual sales, publicly traded. 3 placements with this client in last few months. Position reports to Director of Materials. Will travel up to 35% mainly to my clients other facilities. Need someone who has solid leadership skills although this person does not have direct reports, will interface with a lot of departments and visibility at the executive level. Ideally someone that has experience with high volume and high mix of parts and has been in a complex, dynamic material department. This person along with the Director will help shape the material organization. Do not have to have APICS certification but nice to have. Experience with SAP or similar. Must come out of manufacturing ideally high mix/high volume. Excellent benefits and comprehensive relocation program (total move, temp living, and realitor fees (selling and buying). JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Optimize materials flows for assigned area of responsibility (ie: Dimension /Component; Flat Stock; WW / Painted Component) to develop integrated value streams that deliver quality products and services quickly, reliably and at a cost that offers compelling value in the market place.
2. Work with plants to define, document, implement and audit best practices for functional areas of responsibility
3. Create innovative, sustainable solutions through the practical application of technology and continuous improvement to optimize product flows in the assigned value stream.
4. Functional MRP system and material flow expert.
5. Develop and recommend value stream inventory plans in concert with other affected Project VS Materials Managers.
6. Monitor inventory levels at the plant and value stream level.
7. Train/develop/audit Plant Materials Managers in alignment with our culture, our vision, AWC materials functional excellence and lean flow.
8. Monitor order and receipt levels for both raw materials and WIP.
9. Participate in the establishment of and take actions to meet departmental scorecard goals.
10. Perform other tasks as directed by the Value Stream Materials Manager. QUALIFICATIONS
Undergraduate degree in Business, or related field, extensive experience will be considered in lieu of an undergraduate degree
APICS Certification ideal. Actively working toward APICS certification will be considered in lieu of certification.
Minimum of 2 years in l Materials Management experience supporting multi-plant environment.
Experience in developing and implementing inventory plans in a SKU intensive environment.
Track record of successful project management and team leadership
Highly developed Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Access and Excel.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: