Job #: 15020
Title: Manager of Technical Accounting
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our Company combines the power of a proven alternative investment management platform with a market-leading direct lending franchise strategically aligned with world-class partners. As a result, we can do more to help our private equity clients achieve their investment objectives with a complete set of financing options and the capacity to underwrite or arrange large transactions. And, our fund investors benefit from proprietary access to a broad pipeline of lending opportunities with attractive risk-adjusted returns that are not generally available to investors without established origination and credit management capabilities. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Responsible for technical accounting research and writing accounting memos to support the Companys positions and conclusions.
- Work with parent Corporate Accounting in NYC on any M&A activity, such as business combinations and/or asset acquisition accounting.
- Maintain documentation over internal controls, policies and procedures. Work with internal and external service providers, and auditors ensuring compliance.
- Work closely with corporate tax team and outside tax service provider on the preparation of quarterly/annual tax provision and related financial statement disclosures. Assist with tax planning, respond to tax notices and tax audits.
- Serve as an internal resource and work closely with lenders, credit team and fund administration on accounting matters such as revenue recognition and credit quality issues. Including Asset Quality and Allowance for Loan Loss accounting.
- Monthly Close process, responsible for Asset Management entities. (i.e. management fees)
- Work with Valuation Committee ensuring appropriate accounting of Fair Value adjustment on various assets and liabilities. Including accretable yield analysis on CLO risk retention holdings.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with other groups within the organization including corporate accounting, treasury, fund administration, credit and human resources as well as with external auditors and consultants.
- Assist in preparation of internal financial reporting and annual financial statements.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required, (i.e. GL migration and ERP system upgrades)
- BS in accounting and minimum of 4+ years of experience
- CPA is preferred
- Public/Private combination with recent audit experience desirable
- Experience within the financial markets, asset manager or bank preferred
- Sound technical and research skills as demonstrated by strong understanding and practical application of current accounting guidance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and have the ability to present information in a simple and concise manner
- Sound organizational and problem-solving skills with strong ability to multi-task
- Positive professional and flexible attitude being able to adapt to an ever-changing work environment
- Potential travel to NYC
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: