Job #: 14939
Title: Project Engineer - Chemicals
Job Location: Freeport, Texas - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 5% Bonus Opportunity
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
My client is a global organization seeks a Capital Project Engineer for their Chemical Plant in Freeport TX. High Employee Satisfaction. Great work life balance and performance gets rewarded. JOB DESCRIPTION
General Description: The Project Engineers main function is to execute capital projects for Texas Operations from conceptual phase through construction and closeout.
- Administration of capital projects as directed using best engineering practices. Provide recommendations for any necessary and corrective measures that will result in greater efficiency and economy of engineering practices. Participate in the development of plans, programs and procedures that are directed to meeting the plant`s objectives in such a manner as to promote the most effective utilization of personnel and equipment to obtain maximum efficiency with respect to performance, schedules, and budgets.
- Development of project scopes and justifications according to this companys procedures. Perform preliminary process engineering/design work required to begin estimating. Develop cost estimates to be submitted with PAFs for capital approval. Conduct PHRs/PHAs/LOPAs as required for new capital projects. Through delegation, identify required permitting for environmental compliance. Provide, review, and/or comment on associated detailed project engineering. Inspection of field construction for compliance with project requirements and construction specifications. Assistance or leadership for project startups. Capital and expense budget tracking. Submission of technical reports regarding new equipment start-up and performance. Ensure project documentation is correct and filed. Transfer equipment and instrument files to Maintenance and PSM/MI files are identified. Ensure PM programs are set up in CMMS for new equipment and spare parts are transferred to Maintenance.
- After consultation and approval by the Manager- Engineering, purchase all necessary equipment and materials and insure through proper requisitioning, purchasing and receiving methods that such supplies meet with all specifications (corporate and engineering-related).
- Support for Engineering Department :
- Assist the Manager- Engineering with development of yearly manpower and training requirements, yearly operating and capital forecasts, and provide proper justification of needs.
- Review/Maintain Engineering Team Procedures, Standards and drawings. Serve as an MOC approver for engineering sign-off.
- Assist or take call duty or provide backup for other engineers and managers as directed by the Manager- Engineering.
- Engineering Support for Texas Operations :
- Plan, recommend and manage continuous improvement programs to reduce costs and improve the general environment of the plant.
- Provide engineering support for day-to-day trouble-shooting and method improvements to all site departments.
- Provide engineering support to site incident investigations.
- Support and Leadership for 6S, PSM, MI, VPP, RC, ISO Programs and TOGSEE Council:
- Participate in Six Sigma, Process Safety Management (PSM), Mechanical Integrity (MI) programs, Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) and the TOGSEE Council. Work with Manager Engineering and other departments to develop policies and procedures within these programs.
- Participate and adhere to the guiding principles of the Responsible Care Management System. Practice Responsible Care Management through active participation and adherence to the Guiding Principles of the Responsible Care Management System and contribute to the sustainability of the OSHA VPP Program by continuing to uphold the principles demonstrated as a STAR site.
- Follow SIGs ISO programs, policies and procedures outlined by the ISO Standard. Cooperate with the department to meet the requirements of ISO programs, policies and procedures, and to ensure continued compliance through regular internal audits and team meetings.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering
- MS in Engineering a plus
- PMP Certification a plus
- MS Office & Projects
- Visio a plus
- AutoCAD a plus
Critical Corporate Competencies:
- Teamwork Promotes consensus decision making, teamwork, and dissenting views. Interacts positively and
effectively with others.
- Simplification Incorporating speed and flexibility in all processes. Understand how to design efficient workflow; identifies opportunities for attaining higher performance with fewer resources and simpler processes.
- Sense of Urgency Ability to denote what is urgent and why it is urgent and how it will get completed. Makes timely decisions incorporating appropriate risk with limited information.
- Prioritization Analyzes and solves problems using sound strategy: gather information, analyzes problem using appropriate data and critical thinking. Understand effort/benefit relationship in decision making.
- Get Things Done Effectively charters and executes projects. Manage workflow of projects. Use available time and resource to effectively meet objectives. Moves tasks and assignments toward closure with high energy.
Specific Functional Competencies:
- Able to apply engineering principles to meet project goals or solve technical problems. Skilled in the use of engineering tools. Can comfortably manage multiple projects with competing time and resources.
- Familiar with engineering design and practices to effectively prioritize and manage engineering resources. Effectively plan and use engineering resources.
EXPERIENCE: BS Chem E of ME with 8-15 years of experience with examples of completed design through installation of capital projects in the$1mm plus range. This Engineer should be from the Chemical Process, Petrochemical, or Refinery Industry where unit operations are applies. Should have strong safety practice also staying in compliance with Environmental issues.
DUTIES: This Engineer will wear a few hats as a Project Engineer dealing with a wide variety of capital projects from process related to maintenance projects and environmental
Below is the clients job description.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: