• Access to reliable, licensed, insured driver and transportation.
• Financial Social Work Certification and HUD Counseling Certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
Summary of the Role
Newcap is a community action agency equipping low-income citizens with the tools and potential for achieving economic security. We are seeking to add a Homeowner Coach to our growing team at Newcap where we are embracing a Whole Family Approach. Meeting families not where they are – but where they dream. The Whole Family Approach is a family-led strategy that provides adults and children with the tools they need to set and meet goals together as a family. This model uses a holistic approach partnering with the family to address their needs and make progress on their goals; this partnership increases the likelihood of long-term success for everyone involved. By using the WFA, family members work together to support each other's goals and achieve long-term change and stability. Every family brings strengths, and every family knows best what it needs. We support and cheer them on.
We use the Family-Centered Coaching approach at Newcap which means we recognize the complexity of people's lives. We continually strive to understand the impacts of institutional discrimination, the implicit bias within organizations and systems, and how those factors influence our work to develop and deliver services. We value humility and ask questions before assuming we know what's right for someone else. Flexibility and the ability to respond to changing conditions with questions and curiosity are key to how we coach and build trusted relationships with clients and each other. We respect each individual and work with them on their own defined goals – not on what we think is best for them.
This coaching method uses techniques from goal setting, motivational interviewing, and strength-based training to help coaches work with households to address the needs of the whole family, when and how they need support. Using a flexible approach helps coaches establish trust and rapport through a parent’s progressive stages of change, FCC recognizes that families need different things at different times. Instead of focusing solely on setting goals, it allows coaches to address unique situations and life crises as they come up.
A coaching culture builds on individuals' strengths, we focus on what is working well and build from there, together. We strive for collaborative, transparent, relationships with everyone in our community. We recognize that our own individual experiences may be very different from others and we approach each person with respect. Embracing a coaching culture in our organization enables us to be more effective, create a larger impact, and facilitate long-term positive outcomes for the families and communities we serve.
You will not be bored with us! This individual must demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, have the ability to multi-task, effectively communicate with our participants, families, team members, and community partners. Must have the ability to professionally represent our agency, and have a sense of humor because while we take what we do seriously, we love to laugh at ourselves. Well, and each other.
Why Join Newcap?
Newcap, Inc. is a private non-profit Community Action Agency whose mission since 1965 is to move people from poverty to opportunities and economic security while enhancing community development. This means you not only make a living, but you get to do good too. If you have ever wanted to make a difference every day, this is the place for you.
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Homeowner Coach
- Advocate for clients and assist with mortgage modification and foreclosure intervention.
- Collaborate with peer organizations, local school districts and colleges, in presenting educational seminars.
- Provide housing pre-purchasing counseling for Homebuyer Program.
- Administer financial literacy programs targeting households who currently own their own home and need assistance with mortgage payments or are facing foreclosure. Provide individual financial counseling, budgeting, and credit counseling to help homeowners continue to be financially sound and successful, on an as needed basis.
- Complete all aspects of the program through the Neighborly system.
- Administer financial literacy programs targeting households who currently own their own home. This program will provide individual financial counseling, budgeting, and credit counseling to help homeowners become financially sound and successful.
- Provide accurate electronic and paper records of deposits, payments, and other transactions.
- Maintain complete client files.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of budgeting and grant writing.
• Ability to read, write using proper grammar/punctuation, and communicate effectively
• Possess organizational, planning and analytical skills.
• Computer skills
• Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, project management, presentation, graphics, layout and design.
• Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision or over-site.
• Ability to identify, communicate and assist in responding to the needs of multi-counties.
• Ability to supervise employees
• Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) a tremendous asset
You bring the skills, experience, and awesome attitude – what do we give back?
In addition to being part of a $20 million (and growing) 10 county organization where over 97% of our125+ staff say “we makes a substantive difference in our community,” We offer:
• Full time, stable, year-round work.
• Flexible workweek
• Over 4 weeks of paid time off in year one
• 16 paid holidays
• Medical insurance with very low premiums for you AND your family (they are our family too)
• Dental insurance that has no premium after the first year as long as two dental cleanings per year
• Retirement plan with match and 100% vesting from first contribution
• Vision insurance
• HAS contributions
• Wellness program
• Disability coverage
• Employee Assistance Program
• Ongoing training and education
• Employee and family events
• Family friendly, family minded organization and the people who work here
How to Apply:
Please fill out the on line application at the link below. (Note: please scroll down the career page to find the application.)
Newcap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer