Department: Trades & Engineering Technologies
NWTC is seeking to build a pool of part-time instructors. Part-Time Instructors are an integral part of the Colleges staff, helping us provide all learners with the highest quality learning opportunities when, where and how they want it.
Upon successful submission of your application, you will be considered for future opportunities. NWTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises.
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: Looking for pool of individuals to draw upon as needed; class times will vary.
SALARY: $40.00 per class hour contracted
POSITION REPORTS TO: Apprentice K12 Partnership Manager
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website. Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.General Qualifications
- Licensed in the State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services as a Master Electrician and five years direct occupational experience.
- At a minimum, occupational experience must have occurred at least 1 year within the last 5 years.
- State of Wisconsin Electrical Construction Apprenticeship
- Occupational Experience to include:
- Journey-level Construction/Electrician
- Inside Wireman
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Previous teaching experience with adult learners is desirable.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends
- Responsible for managing the instructional process, associated curriculum review and development and student
- advising within the area of instruction.
- Provide educational leadership and work effectively with faculty, administration, and campus support staff including workplace learning services to perform contract work.
- Specific duties and responsibilities will be discussed as needs arise within the different areas of instruction.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, transcripts, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes