Salary Grade: PB
Reports to: Office Supervisor, College of Business
Position # 07100274
UPDATED October 3, 2019
LOCATION: Green Bay Campus
HOURS: 24 30 hours per week; 7:30 - 1:00 pm Monday-Friday. Flexibility is required.
SALARY: $13.47/hourRequired online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry. The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population. POSITION SUMMARY
This position is the first point of contact between the College of Business, the rest of the NWTC campus and the general public. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with customers in all forms of communication are vital. The ability to work independently and effectively under pressure while adapting to changing work priorities is also important. The position works collaboratively with the support and administrative staff to complete daily office tasks, service faculty and provide a high level of customer service to students and the general public.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description. Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Greet internal and external customers, in person or via phone and email, and serve as the liaison between the customer and the appropriate individual. Determine nature and purpose of visit and provide appropriate service.
- Act as resource person for faculty, administration and staff. Assist with classroom access, printing, supplies, room scheduling, etc.
- Reserve rooms and resources for faculty, administration, and staff using college scheduling technology. Review room schedules and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Inform appropriate departmental staff of daily absences and post cancellations as they occur. Notify students of class cancellations through multiple delivery systems.
- Design and develop reports, correspondence, spreadsheets, and databases from verbal direction, rough draft or supervisors direction.
- Serve in a cross-functional capacity to assist each administrative assistant within the College of Business.
- Coordinate and communicate with all other office staff to ensure constant sharing of information and quality of service to customers.
- Monitor and track students by entering intakes and exits in the client reporting system.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the Colleges values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers needs while following company procedures.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
Education: Associate`s Degree in Administrative Assistant, or related degree
Experience: One years related experience as an Administrative Assistant
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered. Computer Skills
Microsoft Office Suite, electronic calendar system (Outlook preferred), Data Management system (PeopleSoft preferred).
Possess general knowledge of accounting principles. Ability to type 40 words per minute with 95 percent accuracy.PHYSICAL DEMANDS Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand O (Occasionally) 10 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
Walk O (Occasionally) 11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Sit C (Constantly) 21-50 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Handling / Fingering C (Constantly) 51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally) Push/Pull
Climb N (Not Applicable) 12 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
Crawl N (Not Applicable) 13-25 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally) 26-40 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Bend O (Occasionally) 41-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee`s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate. NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.