Min 5+ yrs of purchasing exp - commodities, import/export, pricing, supplier contracts, licensing - Aerospace Industry.
Growing Aerospace manufacturer in Northern Kentucky is looking for an experienced Senior Buyer for a direct hire. This Senior Buyer uses expertise for a range of senior level complex purchasing activities such as:
- Pricing, volume discounts, negotiating terms and long-term contracts with suppliers, and delivery of goods\services
- Establishes source selection criteria for evaluation of quotations including target pricing
- Evaluates quotations received from prospective suppliers and makes decisions regarding award of purchase orders
- Implements formal and legal contractual documentation into the purchase orders, encompassing all corporate and government requirements
- Identifies problem areas, initiates corrective action and establishes problem resolution dates in a timely manner
- Quarterly international travel to China
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
- 5+ years of relevant purchasing experience, such as writing specifications, preparing bid docs, negotiating license contracts etc.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of procurement in aerospace/manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), with ability to drive tasks to completion
- Strong commodity management experience preferred with a focus in metals and machining to spec
- Import/Export experience preferred
NOTE: Applicant must be presently authorized to work in the United States. This company does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.
PDSI Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, military service or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, consideration of employment staffing submissions are based on demonstrated skills, qualifications, work experience, expertise and expectations meeting the position requirements as specified by the client, including compensation
Unless the body of this posting specifically states otherwise, NO relocation allowance or per diem is available. CANDIDATES WITHIN A REASONABLY COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THE ABOVE WORK SITE ARE PREFERRED.
HOW TO APPLY:
PDSI Technical Services, Inc.