Minimum BSME/BSEE with Optical design experience. Full cradle to grave product development experience
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager for a Dayton area client. The ideal candidate will possess a B.S (M.S. preferred) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, with Optical experience along with 10+ years of relevant mechanical/electrical/optical design work and a minimum of 5 years leading an engineering team in a highly technical environment.
This individual will be responsible for leading all facets of the engineering business for the site, including Process, Product, and Configuration Engineering. A successful candidate will lead the Engineering group to create a successful culture of continuous improvement for the entire facility. Also, this person will set strategy and execute on it for the growth of the organization. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Operations.
- Lead all facets of the Product Engineering Department including defining and implementing structure and strategy
- This is a hands-on managerial role leading 3 reports; lead, hire, mentor and terminate
- Define and implement SOPs (standard operating procedures) for the department
- Set up the engineering lab with a focus on optics and electronics. Define standard test procedures for product verification.
- Define and implement product configuration management documentation and procedures for high efficiency input to the ERP and SolidWorks PDM systems.
- Robust product design and product improvements. Understand and have experience to take quality issues from field use and overcome the issues with robust designs for harsh environments
- Understand product packaging of precision electronic components and sub-systems while human controls are ergonomically optimized for use in high stress environments
- Robust product packaging of consumer type products which include: precision mechanical components, embedded electrical components and optic/laer componnets
- (M.S. preferred) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, with Optical experience.
- 10+ years of relevant mechanical/electrical/optical design work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years leading an engineering team in a highly technical environment
Send in your resume to be considered!
NOTE: Applicant must be presently authorized to work in the United States. This company does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.
PDSI Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, military service or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, consideration of employment staffing submissions are based on demonstrated skills, qualifications, work experience, expertise and expectations meeting the position requirements as specified by the client, including compensation
Unless the body of this posting specifically states otherwise, NO relocation allowance or per diem is available. CANDIDATES WITHIN A REASONABLY COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THE ABOVE WORK SITE ARE PREFERRED.
HOW TO APPLY:
PDSI Technical Services, Inc.