Seeking a Conceptual Estimator for general construction firm in the Dayton area.
Ability to provide conceptual mechanical budgets on program information, schematic documents, design development documents and construction documents as scheduled to the lead architectural estimator
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering along with experience in the HVAC or Plumbing Design or Construction Industries.
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Education; or Construction Management, along with experience in the HVAC or Plumbing Design or Construction Industries.
- We strongly prefer a minimum of five (5) years combination experience with on-site, Project Management, Project Engineering, and Field Engineering in Healthcare and/or Commercial HVAC and Plumbing systems.
- We strongly prefer five (5) years of Conceptual and/or Hard Bid Estimating experience in Healthcare and/or Commercial HVAC and Plumbing systems.
- Provide visual preliminary Layouts and Quantities of HVAC and Plumbing Systems.
- Provide Budget estimates based on these layouts and quantities.
- Attend budget review/reconciliation meetings, as requested, by the preconstruction manager, chief estimator, project manager and/or division project executive.
- Provide value analysis, design and schedule recommendations as required during preconstruction
- Attend pre-construction meetings with Corporate Project Manager, AE teams, and owners reps to stay up to date with design and constructability issues.
- Participate in marketing presentations to prospective clients as required.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and subcontractors to keep aware of changes in the industry and/or market place.
- Assist architectural estimators on bid day in assembling Mechanical contractor bids.
- Assist project team by preparing mechanical conceptual design and bid package documents
- Assist project manager/division project executive with input relative to the schedule or constructability issues with subcontractors or vendors. Visit jobsites, as requested, to evaluate items on the project site
- Assist in commissioning as applicable to HVAC and Plumbing systems
- Participate in HVAC and Plumbing trade associations and organizations
NOTE: Applicant must be presently authorized to work in the United States. This company does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.
PDSI Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, military service or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, consideration of employment staffing submissions are based on demonstrated skills, qualifications, work experience, expertise and expectations meeting the position requirements as specified by the client, including compensation
Unless the body of this posting specifically states otherwise, NO relocation allowance or per diem is available. CANDIDATES WITHIN A REASONABLY COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THE ABOVE WORK SITE ARE PREFERRED.
HOW TO APPLY:
PDSI Technical Services, Inc.