We have a direct hire opportunity in the Dayton, OH area for an Automation Application Specialist.
Position Summary: This position requires direct communication and involvement with the Sales Director and sales and engineering staff of automation on all aspects of sales and sales quoting. The incumbent is responsible for providing sales and technical support to customers including technical quote preparation, and training of personnel, sales reps, and distributors. This includes answering technical questions, inquiries, processing quotations, initiating requests for drawings, and other required actions. The person in this position is responsible for developing and maintaining an in-depth technical knowledge of company products both manufactured and distributed.
The candidate is the primary technical resource within the sales department and works in conjunction with the engineering and production departments for technical information communication.
The candidate must have understanding of mechanical, electrical and pneumatic applications and processes to adequately support the sales function. Also, the incumbent must promote effective interactions and communications with other departments and provides the necessary interaction with Sales, Engineering and Production.
- Develop sales quotations for end-of-arm tooling and other equipment in support of sales personnel, manufacturer`s reps, and distributors.
- Demonstrate the ability to work directly with customers in the development of quotations
- Maintain familiarity with various CAD programs with the ability to read blue prints and/or drawing files
- Possess a strong work ethic, communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Possess a willingness to travel occasionally to support customers or to attend and work at trade shows
- Be self-motivated to strive for effective and efficient results
- Assist with training of personnel and customers.
Job Specifications: Two-year Technical Application/Sales degree preferred or at least three plus years of industrial sales or related experience. Experience working in manufacturing sales environment and/or robotics field.
NOTE: Applicant must be presently authorized to work in the United States. This company does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.
PDSI Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, military service or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, consideration of employment staffing submissions are based on demonstrated skills, qualifications, work experience, expertise and expectations meeting the position requirements as specified by the client, including compensation
Unless the body of this posting specifically states otherwise, NO relocation allowance or per diem is available. CANDIDATES WITHIN A REASONABLY COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THE ABOVE WORK SITE ARE PREFERRED.
HOW TO APPLY:
PDSI Technical Services, Inc.