Works with internal customers in the development and delivery of SOJT. Assessing the training needs of the individual and work center training requirements and delivering the training in a method that is comprehensive and easily understood by all employees. Will coordinate and deliver remedial training as well as anticipate the training needs of new employees.
Supervision: Generally requires minimal supervision.
Performance: Generally performs at the performance levels expected.
Errors: Generally produces minimal errors.
Supervisory Responsibilities None.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with
the utmost discretion.
1. Develop and deliver training to the workforce.
2. Create and maintain accurate training agendas and records.
3. Proactively schedule training based on customer needs.
4. Partner with Operations leadership to assess training gaps and recommend training to close the gaps.
5. Develop lesson plans, tests (oral and practical) exams.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor or manager, in addition to the
essential functions listed above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Must have the command presence and ability to deliver training to all levels of employees.
2. Ability to use and understand simple and more complex measuring tools and teach those methods.
3. Ability to interpret visual aids and teach those methods.
4. Perform shop math and teach others in the use of shop math.
5. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in order to deliver training.
6. Ability to operate a forklift and teach others.
7. Ability to use a PC to develop and record training material.
8. Ability to use and train others in the use of basic and complex hand tools.
9. Ability to work well with others in a fast paced team environment.
10. Ability to receive instructions and retain the required information.
11. Ability to give and receive constructive criticism.
12. Ability to communicate well with others.
13. Ability to use/drive small trucks and forklifts.
14. Develop work center Master Training Plans ensuring 100% task coverage and cross functional coverage.
Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
2. Three to five years of experience delivering training in a manufacturing operations environment.
3. Basic experience using a PC and company systems.
Must qualify as a U.S. Person as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) in order
to access export controlled technology.
Required Safety Training
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Attend required safety and environmental training, as determined by the EH&S office.
General: Maintain personal productivity and quality standards as determined by supervision. Follow standard departmental/company practices and procedures as outlined by management. Maintain area in a clean and orderly condition.
Note: This job description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information, or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens, or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens, or US Permanent Residents (green card holders), and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights, to be considered for a position.
Kaman Aerospace is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
In the following link you will find information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
How To Apply:
Kaman Composites – Wichita, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.