Performs the production processes required to operate the CNC equipment, and to trim, finish, and produce quality parts.
Supervision: Generally requires minimal supervision.
Performance to Standard: Generally performs at the standard.
Scrap: Generally produces minimal scrap.
This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with
the utmost discretion.
This position may perform one or all of the job duties within this classification: CNC and Bench Mechanic. This position will be cross-trained to perform any or all of these responsibilities.
1. Sets up tools for production.
2. Reads and understands the applicable NC programs, in order to produce quality parts as outlined in the customer specifications.
3. Reads and pulls blueprints and customer specifications.
Bench Mechanic Responsibilities:
1. Deburrs parts as required.
2. Cleans parts as required.
3. Rough trims parts as required.
4. Uses the bandsaw on parts as required.
5. Routes parts as required.
6. Sands parts as required.
7. Bonds parts as required.
8. Uses the tablesaw on parts as required.
9. Uses the drill on parts as required.
10. Rivets parts as required.
11. Performs handwork on parts as required.
12. Reads blueprints to perform required work.
13. Works from planning with minimum help from the lead or supervisor.
1. Assists in moving parts and tools from one area to another as required.
2. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
3. Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
4. Maintains highest standards of quality and quantity.
5. Records required information on planning.
6. Participates in Kaizen events.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor or manager, in addition to the
essential functions listed above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to use and understand simple and more complex measuring tools.
2. Ability to interpret visual aids.
3. Perform basic shop math.
4. Read and write well enough to understand planning and to record required information into company systems.
5. Ability to operate a forklift.
6. Ability to use a PC to record required information, clock in and out of jobs, etc. Ability to train others on the use of the company systems.
7. Ability to use and repair basic and more complex hand tools effectively.
8. Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
9. Ability to receive instructions and retain the required information.
10. Ability to receive constructive criticism.
11. Ability to communicate well with others.
12. Must be able to bond parts.
13. Must be able to read, understand and interpret blueprints and customer specifications.
14. Must be able to read, understand and apply applicable NC programs.
Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. 1-5 years of experience in a manufacturing operations environment is preferred.
3. Basic experience using a PC and company systems.
Must qualify as a U.S. Person as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) in order
to access export controlled technology.
Required Safety Training
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Attend required safety and environmental training, as determined by the EH&S office.
- Each employee will receive training within 30 days from the date of hire regarding waste. Employee will not be allowed to work alone until they have successfully completed waste training. Documentation of training will be kept in the facilitys EH&S files. Waste training will be provided annually.
General: Maintain personal productivity and quality standards as determined by supervision. Follow standard departmental/company practices and procedures as outlined by management. Maintain area in a clean and orderly condition.
Note: This job description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information, or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens, or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens, or US Permanent Residents (green card holders), and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights, to be considered for a position.
Kaman Aerospace is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
In the following link you will find information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
How To Apply:
Kaman Composites – Wichita, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.