Position is contract with potential to hire.
The Bench Mechanic performs the production process required to trim, finish, and produce quality parts. This individual generally requires minimal supervision to perform at the standard, producing minimal scrap.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
- Deburrs parts as required.
- Cleans parts as required.
- Rough trims parts as required.
- Uses the bandsaw on parts as required.
- Routes parts as required.
- Sands parts as required.
- Bonds parts as required.
- Uses the tablesaw on parts as required.
- Uses the drill on parts as required.
- Rivets parts as required.
- Performs handwork on parts as required.
- Reads blueprints to perform required work.
- Works from planning with minimum help from the lead or supervisor.
- Assists in moving parts and tools from one area to another as required.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains highest standards of quality and quantity.
- Records required information on planning.
- Participates in Kaizen events.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor or manager, in addition to the essential functions listed above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to use and understand simple and more complex measuring tools.
- Ability to interpret visual aids.
- Perform basic shop math.
- Read and write well enough to understand planning and to record required information into company systems.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to use a PC to record required information, clock in and out of jobs, etc. Ability to train others on the use of the company systems.
- Ability to use and repair basic and more complex hand tools effectively.
- Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
- Ability to receive instructions and retain the required information.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism.
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Must be able to bond parts.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two to three years of experience in a manufacturing operations environment is preferred.
- Basic experience using a PC and company systems.
- Must qualify as a U.S. Person as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) in order to access export controlled technology.
Required Safety Training
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Attend required safety and environmental training, as determined by the EH&S office.
General: Maintain personal productivity and quality standards as determined by supervision. Follow standard departmental/company practices and procedures as outlined by management. Maintain area in a clean and orderly condition.
Note: This job description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
How To Apply:
Kaman Composites – Wichita, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.