The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects (start-up tasks) for implementing new production programs.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Reviews program technical and contractual requirements.
- Identifies and assigns action items and schedules to pre-production team members (Engineering, Planning, Purchasing, etc.).
- Monitors schedule progress and action item completion through the maintenance of the on-line Task Tracking System.
- Evaluates the methods and processes for the most efficient and economical part production.
- Provides identification to management and pre-production team of issues and problems that will affect meeting customer commitments.
- Maintains dialog as needed with customers.
- Works with company personnel, in all departments, as required to meet the requirements of production programs.
- Develops program implementation plans.
- Involved with research and product development.
- Ensure that estimated material and labor standards are met and monitored.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor or manager, in addition to the essential functions listed above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation and purchase orders/contracts.
- Ability to view projects from a systems perspective, understanding the interrelationships of all functions supporting production.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to perform basic and more complicated mathematic fundamentals add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to use PC computers and have command of Microsoft software Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and others as needed. Use of company computer systems (as trained). Also includes use of the project software.
- Positive customer service and ability to work with others in a team setting. Regularly works effectively, and relates well, with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside of the company. Exhibits a consistent professional manner in all situations.
- Understanding of the inner workings of the company, and can answer questions asked by internal and external customers.
- Strong knowledge of the aerospace industry is preferred.
- Strong motivation and self-starting initiative is required.
- Strong organizational and planning skills are required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to operate effectively in a time-sensitive environment in order to meet deadlines. Ability to work to schedules and budgets.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Kaizen and/or Lean techniques is helpful.
- Leadership skills are required.
- Knowledge of composite materials (epoxy, graphite, Kevlar, glass, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills. Ability to apply logic in problem solving for both internal and external customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required. Communicate effectively with employees and customers.
Education and Experience
- BS in business or other related field preferred. CAPM or PMP Certification is strongly preferred.
- Program Manager I- Two (2) to five (5) years of composites manufacturing experience with extensive program management and project engineering experience is preferred. Program Manager I will pursue and obtain CAPM certification within 9 months of employment with Kaman.
- Program Manager II-Minimum 10 years of composites manufacturing experience with extensive program management and project engineering experience is preferred. Business Development an Inside Sales experience is needed. Program Manager II will pursue PMP certification within 9 months of employment at Kaman.
- Hands-on experience in research and product development
- Strong command of computer skill is required
- All Microsoft Office software used by the company
- All related company systems- will be trained in these systems
- Project management software
- Experience with Six Sigma, Kaizen or Lean is a plus.
How To Apply:
Kaman Composites – Wichita, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.