The Maintenance Technician A is a contract position with the potential to hire. This individual will perform the general and more complex/specific maintannce work and processes required throughout the Kaman Composites Wichita facilities, requiring minimal or no supervision at better than the expected performance level, generally producing no errors.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
- Performs assigned specific technical maintenance and facilities procedures and processes.
- Very familiar with the locations, functions and operations of plant utilities and equipment.
- Must be independently capable of diagnosing and correcting maintenance and/or facilities problems/issues. Assists other maintenance personnel with the more complex issues.
- Proficient in pipe fitting and welding AC power.
- Assists in the planning and development of new work requiring specific maintenance skills.
- Performs as a specialist in an area of maintenance (i.e. electrical, plumbing, etc.).
- Follows blueprints, standard code practices, etc. necessary for completion of new projects.
- Works independently in completing projects, requiring minimum supervision.
- Must be available at any time of the day or work shift to move about the plant to either repair or diagnose any problems that may occur in any of the departments or areas of the company.
- Responds positively to assist with minor requests.
- Possesses required hand tools as necessary for use on the job.
- Assists other maintenance personnel in the daily preventative plant maintenance required processes.
- Moves tools, parts and equipment as required throughout the facilities.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains highest standards of quality and quantity.
- Records required information into the company computer systems.
- Proficient in electronic controls/PC controls such as machine controls, autoclave, boilers and hydraulic presses
- Participates in Kaizen events.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor or manager, in addition to the essential functions listed above.
If assigned EH&S Duties:
- Manages all hazardous waste satellite and storage containers. Provides empty satellite containers, collects hazardous waste from satellite containers and transports to the hazardous waste accumulation area, assists in loading hazardous waste containers in the hazardous waste disposal vendors trucks.
- Performs weekly inspections of the hazardous waste accumulation area when the EH&S Engineer is not available, in accordance with all local, State and Federal rules and regulations, and the companys internal procedures.
- Receives required training within 30 days from employment and annually thereafter.
- Performs the above duties under the direct supervision of the EH&S Engineer until he/she is fully trained.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to use and understand complex measuring tools and equipment.
- Ability to interpret visual aids.
- Perform basic shop math.
- Read and write well enough to understand planning and to record required information into company systems.
- Ability to operate a forklift and light truck.
- Ability to use a PC to record required information, clock in and out, etc. Ability to train others on the use of the company systems.
- Ability to use more complex hand tools effectively.
- Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
- Ability to receive instructions and retain the required information.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism.
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Ability to train new employees and communicate instructions.
- Possess specialty skills in electronic controls.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a certification in a specialty area electrical controls, etc.
- Four to five years of experience in a maintenance and/or manufacturing operations environment is preferred.
- Experienced using a PC and related company systems.
- Must qualify as a U.S. Person as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) in order to access export controlled technology.
Required Safety Training
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Attend required safety and environmental training, as determined by the EH&S office.
General: Maintain personal productivity and quality standards as determined by supervision. Follow standard departmental/company practices and procedures as outlined by management. Maintain area in a clean and orderly condition.
Note: This job description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
How To Apply:
Kaman Composites – Wichita, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.