VA Insurance Biller- Support Services Building
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Insurance Clerk
Job Classification: Administrative/Professional Support
Date of Analysis: Date of Revision/Review: 07/2018
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Health organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner, communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and co workers; use time effectively and efficiently; demonstrate an overall high level of performance. To work and resolve commercial insurance denials. Monitor aged receivables for commercial insurance and follow-up with insurance carriers.
(This list may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Respond and investigate denials by insurance carrier. Draft appeal letters, as necessary.
- Follow-up on improperly paid claims.
- Monitor aged receivables for commercial insurance bill types and follow-up with insurance carriers.
- Work problem accounts and resolve them in satisfactory manner.
- Answer patient account questions by phone in a professional, tactful and friendly manner.
- Maintain confidentiality and communicates on a need to know basis.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
- Strong knowledge of commercial insurance billing policy and procedures.
- Ability to work independently while performing responsibilities efficiently and accurately.
- Strong investigative skills.
- Computer experience and 10 key proficiency.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of CPT/ICD-9 codes and usual and customary charges.
- Word processing and computer experience with Excel, Word and Windows based applications.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in an insurance or health care setting.
- Previous experience in customer service.
- Experience with computers and Windows based applications.
Other duties as assigned.
Typical Working Conditions:
Normal office environment with sitting for long periods of time. May be required to stoop, bend and stretch for filing purposes. Requires manual dexterity functionality for the use of a computer, telephone, fax or copy machine.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stressful conditions and able to problem solve. Use of telephone, copier and fax machine required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. Vision must be correctable by 20/30 and hearing must be within normal range.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Insurance Clerk
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 22-450 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.