Accounts Receivable Representative- Support Services Building
THE MISSION STATEMENT
To take care of people with passion, pride, and respect.
OVERALL EXPECTATIONS STATEMENT
Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Clinic organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and co workers; use time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high level of performance.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (This may not include all duties assigned.)
- Opens mail and prepares patient and insurance reimbursement checks for deposit
- Reconciles daily cash receipts from 50 clinic sites timely and accurately
- Knowledge of deposit requirements for all payment types, cash check, credit card, virtual cards, ACH/EFT, Care Credit
- Scan checks on-line directly to bank for deposit/processing, Complete manual bank deposit slips for cash and miscellaneous items
- Work closely with our Finance Dept for daily deposits and monthly reconciling
- Assist Patient Accounts, Insurance, Coding and Front End Staff with balancing and refund issues
- Updates patient account information
- Make adjustments to patient accounts following clinic procedures
- Investigates credit balances for potential refund to patient or insurance company
- Knowledge of timely filing for all commercial, government insurances
- Understand requirements for refund and recoup processes for all payors
- Review patient accounts for overpayments of insurance or personal to determine necessary action
- Ability to decipher who is primary/secondary/tertiary as well as HSA/HRA/liability guideline to determine refund processing
- Review missing payments identified, contact appropriate payor to track down missing check or EFT
- Reach out to patients for any credit card or check discrepancies
- Contact insurance companies to obtain remittance advise for payments received without accurate documentation.
- Work closely with specialty areas to ensure proper billing of Hearing, Eye Care and supply charges
- Investigates billing problems and formulates solutions
- Performs related work as required
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable practices and medical business office procedures
- Knowledge of Insurance reimbursement processes
- Office 365 and 10 key proficiencies
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers as a team member
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Proficient in all aspect of Teams
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED
Minimum one year of experience in a medical business office
Experience with computers and Windows based applications
Minimum one-year experience with insurance and reimbursement practice
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stressful conditions and able to problem solve. Use of telephone, copier and fax machine required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Normal office environment with sitting for long periods of time. May be required to stoop, bend, and stretch for filing purposes. Requires manual dexterity functionality for the use of a computer, telephone, fax or copy machine. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone communication.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Accounts Receivable
Job Classification: Administrative/ Professional Support
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 22-586 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.