Job Title: Registered Nurse- Urgent Care- Sheboygan/Plymouth - PRN
Requisition Number: 17-365
Area of Interest: Sheboygan,WI
This position will work as needed
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Registered Nurse
Job Classification: Direct/Indirect Patient Care/Clinical Support
Date of Analysis: 7/1/2013 Date of Revision/Review: 8/31/16
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Telephone triage
- Give patients telephone advice using nursing judgment within the scope of license
- Communicate with providers about patient calls received
- Triage patients to the appropriate setting if there is a need to be seen
- Provide patient education
- Report test results to patients and instructs as to the appropriate follow-up
- Call in prescription refills as directed
- Assist in scheduling patients
- Communicate with hospitals and other offices as directed by providers
- Rooming patients
- Administer injections
- Review Health Maintenance measures and satisfy according to protocol
- Act as a liaison for providers
- Facilitate completion of forms as appropriate
- Complete prior authorizations paper/process as appropriate
- Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients
- Arranges for patient testing and admissions
- Formulates and updates patient care plans. Orders, prepares, and inspects patient`s charts. Posts tests and examination results
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
17.Screens patients for appropriate information. Instruct patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Assisting with procedures
- Perform vital signs and department specific screenings as applicable
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Perform related work as required/ requested by the supervisor
- Other duties designated under the scope of licensure
23.Use of electronic medical record (EMR)
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, relations and procedures to administer patient care
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments and administer patient care
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide on-going patient care
- Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public
- Ability to maintain quality control standards
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to interpret, adapts, and applies guidelines and procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly
- RN with current Wisconsin license
- Current CPR Certification
- Previous experience working on an Electronic medical record
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Working Conditions:
The typical working conditions are in a clinical environment dealing with multiple patients in a short period of time. This is a fast paced job that needs to be done with efficiency and precaution. They are susceptible to diseases dealing with patients.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires a full body range of motion with handling and lifting patients
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lifts and carries items up to 35-40 lbs. (linens, supplies)
- Push and pull patients in wheelchairs occasionally with up to 75 lbs. of force
- Requires visual acuity correctable to 20/30 and hearing within normal range and color perception
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Registered Nurse
Job Classification: Indirect Patient Care/Clinical Support
Frequency of activity required to perform the job
(0% of work day)
(1-10% of work day)
(11-33% of work day)
(34-66% of work day)
( Greater than 67% of work day)
Lift/Carry 0-10 lbs.
Lift/Carry 11-25 lbs.
Lift/Carry 26-35 lbs.
Lift/Carry 36-50 lbs.
Lift/Carry 51-75 lbs.
Lift/Carry 76-100 lbs.
Lift/Carry > 100 lbs.
Push/Pull up to 10 lbs.
Push/Pull 11-25 lbs.
Push/Pull 26-35 lbs.
Push/Pull 36-50 lbs.
Push/Pull 51-75 lbs.
Push/Pull 76-100 lbs.
Push/Pull > 100 lbs.
Reach (Above shoulder level)
Reach (Below shoulder level)
Simple Grasping (Hands/Arms)
Fine Manipulation (Hands/Arms)
Gross Manipulation (Hands/Arms)
Near Vision (Correctable to Jaeger 2 or 20/30 binocular)
Distance Vision (Correctable to Snellen chart 20/30 binocular)
Hears Whispers < 3 feet
Hears Whispers 3-8 feet
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.