Job Title: Mobile Mammography Coordinator-Allouez
Requisition Number: 17-408
Area of Interest: Green Bay,WI
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Radiology -- Mobile Mammography Coordinator
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care / Hands-On Patient Care / Coordinator
Date of Analysis: 7/17/17 Date of Revision/Review:
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Assists radiology management in the development, organization and implementation of department operations related to Mobile Mammography Service. Works with departments involved in marketing, business, and regional outreach to promote mobile mammography services. Assists in selection, scheduling and supervision of staff. Coordinates equipment and vehicle repair and maintenance. Assists with the FDA mammography program, MQSA Inspections, and ACR mammography accreditation of the mobile service. Assists with personnel development, customer service, and quality improvement of mobile service. Approves schedule changes for illness/emergencies. Orders supplies for sites. Responsible for performing mammography exams. Attends department and clinic meetings as necessary. Monitors radiology information system and PACS system and facilitates solutions to problems.
(This may not include all duties assigned.)
- 1. Perform routine mammography exams as required.
2. . Coordinate the day-to-day operations of mobile mammography service to assure a high level of productivity and customer service.
3. Work closely with regional site supervisors, Facilities Manager, Marketing Manager, Regional Outreach Coordinator and Directors of Client Relations and Health and Wellness Operations to develop, promote and maintain mobile mammography services.
4. Monitors equipment and vehicle performance and coordinates maintenance and repairs.
5. Evaluates and maintains the quality of exams, procedures, equipment and service.
- 6. Knowledge of safety hazards common to radiology including equipment, body mechanics, patient care, and radiation safety.
- 7. Knowledge of FDA, ACR, and MQSA regulations and documentation.
- 8. Perform quality control procedures and maintains records for ACR and FDA mammography regulations.
- 9. Involvement in new employee training to achieve successful orientation to department.
- Provide feedback for employee performance evaluations and assists Supervisor with evaluations as needed.
- Work closely with the Imaging Supervisors, staff, Manager and Executive Director to develop department processes that ensure quality patient care and customer service.
- Orders supplies for mobile service.
- Serves as liaison between the department, Administration, other departments, physicians and business customers.
- Attends department or clinic meetings for the purpose of discussion, concerns and determining department processes.
- Participates in the interview process for new employees.
16. Supports clinic wide customer service initiatives and serves as a customer service role model.
17. Reports performance issues in a timely manner to staff supervisor.
- Skill in and knowledge of anatomy and physiology to provide quality mammograms.
- Knowledge of mammography equipment and QC testing.
- Knowledge of safety hazards common to radiology including equipment, body mechanics, patient care and radiation safety.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Ability to develop written guidelines and standardized work practices.
- Ability to identify problems, develop solutions, and communicate clearly.
- Ability to utilize office equipment and perform office duties as needed.
- Ability to drive a 40 foot vehicle and travel to various locations.
- Current ARRT certification and a minimum of 5 years` experience in the field.
- ARRT certified in Radiology and Mammography required.
- Wisconsin Driver`s license and good driving record..
- Successful completion of mobile vehicle driver`s training is required.
- Previous supervisory experience and responsibility for FDA, ACR and MQSA programs and certification preferred.
- Good computer skills using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Working Conditions:
Combination of office, mobile and imaging settings. Regular travel in mobile mammography vehicle in various types of weather. Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Utilizes personal cell phone to enhance communication.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination for operation and repair of department equipment as well as standard office equipment. Requires ability to drive a 40 foot vehicle to various locations. Work may require hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to files and supplies or standing and sitting for periods of time. Lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment and review x-ray images.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.