Job Title: LPN- Neurology- Sheboygan
Requisition Number: 17-470
Area of Interest: Sheboygan,WI
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Licensed Practical Nurse
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care / Hands-On Patient Care
Date of Analysis: 8/11/2014 Date of Revision/Review: 8/31/16
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Provides professional nursing care under supervision for clinic patients.
- Performs general nursing care to patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatment in accordance with nursing standards.
- Triage patients to the appropriate setting to best need their health care needs
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Room patients, obtain brief history, complaint and document pertinent information
- Perform vital signs and department specific screenings as applicable
- Provide telephone advice to patients as directed
- Administer injections
- Refill prescriptions as directed by provider/protocols.
10.Assist in patient scheduling
11.Review Health Maintenance measures as satisfy according to protocol
12.Act as a liaison for providers
13.Facilitate completion of forms as appropriate
14.Report test results to patients and instruct as to the appropriate follow-up per provider direction
15.Complete prior authorizations paper/process as appropriate.
16.Observes, records, and reports patient`s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Administers prescribed medications as directed.
17.Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
18.Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instruct patients in collection of samples and tests.
19.Arranges for patient testing and admissions.
20.Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
21.Formulates and updates patient care plans. Orders, prepares, and inspects patient`s charts. Posts tests and examination results.
22.Responsible for preparation of exam rooms including re-stocking of treatment areas.
23.Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
24.Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
25.Use of electronic medical record (EMR)
26.Maintains patient confidentiality.
27.Other duties designated under the scope of licensure
28.Performs related work as required.
- Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for practical nursing to provide patient care and treatment.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of medications and their effects on patients.
- Knowledge of patient education principles to develop a self-care program.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skills in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to recognize problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must display excellent teamwork
- Graduation from an accredited school or practical nursing.
- Valid state license to practice practical nursing, CPR certification.
LPN experience preferred.
- Previous experience working on an Electronic medical record.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds as needed for patient transfer (with assistance or other staff). Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
- Sometimes has to wheelchair patients with a force of up to 70lbs
- Requires visual acuity correctable to 20/30 and hearing within normal range
- Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
Typical Working Conditions:
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: LPN
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care / Hands-On Patient Care
E = Essential Function
R = Requirement of the position, may allow for accommodation
Frequency of activity required to perform the job
(0% of work day)
(1-10% of work day)
(11-33% of work day)
(34-66% of work day)
( Greater than 67% of work day)
Lift/Carry 0-10 lbs.
Lift/Carry 11-25 lbs.
Lift/Carry 26-35 lbs.
Lift/Carry 36-50 lbs.
Lift/Carry 51-75 lbs.
Lift/Carry 76-100 lbs.
Lift/Carry > 100 lbs.
Push/Pull up to 10 lbs.
Push/Pull 11-25 lbs.
Push/Pull 26-35 lbs.
Push/Pull 36-50 lbs.
Push/Pull 51-75 lbs.
Push/Pull 76-100 lbs.
Push/Pull > 100 lbs.
Reach (Above shoulder level)
Reach (Below shoulder level)
Simple Grasping (Hands/Arms)
Fine Manipulation (Hands/Arms)
Gross Manipulation (Hands/Arms)
Near Vision (Correctable to Jaeger 2 or 20/30 binocular)
Distance Vision (Correctable to Snellen chart 20/30 binocular)
Hears Whispers < 3 feet
Hears Whispers 3-8 feet
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.