CMA/LPN- Gastroenterology- Appleton/St Mary`s
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Licensed Practical Nurse/Certified Medical Assistant
Job Classification: Triage
Date of Analysis: 8/11/2014 Date of Revision/Review: 2/24/2017, 9/3/2019
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Provides professional nursing care under supervision for clinic patients.
- Telephone triage.
- Give patients telephone advice using nursing judgement within the scope of license.
- Communicate with providers about patient calls received.
- Triage patients to the appropriate setting if there is a need to be seen.
- Provide patient education.
- Report test results to patients and instruct as to the appropriate follow-up.
- Call in prescription refills as directed.
- Communicate with hospitals and other offices as directed by providers.
- Assist with procedure and medication prior authorizations.
- Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatment in accordance with nursing standards.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Observes, records, and reports patient`s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Administers prescribed medications as directed.
- Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Room patients, obtain brief patient history, complaint, vitals, and document pertinent information.
- Assist in scheduling procedures, appointments, referrals, scans, and further testing.
- Formulates and updates patient care plans. Orders, prepares, and inspects patient`s charts. Posts tests and examination results.
- Responsible for preparation of exam rooms including re-stocking of treatment areas.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required or requested by the supervisor/manager.
- Maintain vaccine temperature logs and crash cart as required.
- Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for practical nursing or medical assistant to provide patient care and treatment.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of medications and their effects on patients.
- Knowledge of patient education principles to develop a self-care program.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skills in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to recognize problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Graduation from an accredited school or practical nursing.
- Valid state license to practice practical nursing or medical assistant.
- CPR certification.
- LPN/CMA experience preferred.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds as needed for patient transfer (with assistance or other staff). Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
- Sometimes has to wheelchair patients with a force of up to 70lbs
- Requires visual acuity correctable to 20/30 and hearing within normal range
- Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
Typical Working Conditions:
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: LPN/CMA
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care / Hands-On Patient Care
E = Essential Function
R = Requirement of the position, may allow for accommodation
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 20-031 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.