Job Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
8:00am - 4:30pm
RB Royal Industries, Inc. - Fond du Lac, WI
- Provides direction for supply chain management activities within the company, while providing internal customers with needed materials and services. Sources, negotiates and purchases large spend materials, goods and services to include raw materials, purchased services and miscellaneous items required for the operation of the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiate contracts and purchase agreements.
- Accountable for supplier selection; ensure that qualified, long-term suppliers are developed.
- Develop and maintain Supplier Rating System.
- Develop low cost/price data to support sales quoting efforts.
- Manage supplier relationships to maintain quality and delivery performance.
- Seek cost reductions and improvements in lead times.
- Perform the daily tasks of creating and maintaining purchase orders.
- Identify and develop new sources of supply – both foreign and domestic.
- Analyze MRP requirements and perform necessary actions.
- Monitor the MRP exceptions report and perform necessary actions.
- Initiates corrective action with suppliers when defective or unacceptable materials and services are discovered.
- Review the requisition information, verifying all specifications and delivery requirements.
- Review quotes prior to placing the purchase order with current suppliers and may recommend new suppliers as needed.
- Provide direction to department staff.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Enforces company policies, including discipline when necessary.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Continually learns in areas relevant to the job.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Supports and carries out corporate objectives.
- Communicates regularly with own supervisor.
- Adhering to all company policies and directives
- Using appropriate personal protective equipment and following safety rules
- Following quality guidelines and using quality tools appropriately
- Performing other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BA Degree in Business with five years purchasing experience preferred or AS Degree with ten years purchasing experience.
- Mechanical and electrical print reading skills including understanding of tolerances, finishes, etc. is needed.
- Working knowledge of machining, and assembled hose and tube processes.
- Basic working knowledge of MRP system.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to work with math concepts such as quadratic equations and financial formulas, interest, commissions, proportions, etc. Able to apply mathematical operations to tasks such as frequency distributions, analysis of variance, sampling theory and factory analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
RB Royal Industries, Inc.
1350 South Hickory Street
Fond du Lac, WI 54936