Rockydale Quarries Corporation, an established aggregate producer in the State of Virginia, is seeking a General Manager for our Appomattox, Virginia location. Headquartered in Roanoke and with eight locations throughout Virginia, Rockydale Quarries Corporation provides a wide variety of aggregates, agricultural products, and bio-mix soils to serve the needs of many industries, including construction, agricultural, and residential. Since 1932, Rockydale Quarries has been serving Virginia and the Carolinas with quality, excellence, and value.
The General Manager will manage and direct all site operations with a focus on safety, customer service, overall continuous improvement, maintenance, production, quality control, and community relations. This position is responsible for upholding compliance in state and federal regulations. Candidates with at least 5 years of experience in the mining or related industry are preferred.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drive a culture of safety, promote a safe work environment, ensuring safety compliance with all local, state, and federal safety & environmental laws.
- Promote a focus on our customers’ needs and anticipate and respond to changes in their demands.
- Develop and manage annual budgets, track and analyze KPI’s, and overall P&L activity.
- Continual evaluation and improvement of operational and cost efficiency with direct production efforts.
- Ability to understand and work with Quality Control to maximize product specifications and minimize waste by ensuring quality control standards are met and company quality programs are followed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational, manufacturing, & maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Ensure company policies and guidelines are followed to ensure compliance with local, state, & federal regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, employees, and managers.
- Maintain company assets in good operational condition & recommend capital replacement where warranted.
- Drive and instill a culture of continuous improvement.
Background & Experience Requirements: Candidates should have a BS in Mining Engineering or equivalent experience. Five years of production and/or supervisory experience in a mining operation is preferred. Aggregate experience is ideal.
- A working knowledge of aggregate production and related equipment, as well as an extensive understanding of operations & safety requirements for all applicable machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to analyze options by possessing strong leadership and decision-making skills, thereby making the best decision for the business.
- Knowledge of state & federal employment, safety, and environmental laws required.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Virginia DMME and VDOT certifications.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively and efficiently in oral and written form.
- Be proficient in the use of standard MS office programs.
Must have experience in creating and maintaining capital and operating budgets Must be willing to relocate to Appomattox or within close proximity to quarry.
This position reports directly to the Area Manager with a base pay range between $70,000 - $80,000, plus an annual incentive bonus program
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, health, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance, 401k/Profit Sharing fund, a company vehicle, and other competitive benefits.
Resumes may be submitted by mail, fax, or email as follows:
Rockydale Quarries Corporation
2343 Highland Farm Road
Roanoke, VA 24017
How To Apply:
Rockydale Quarries Corporation