Department: CUH Environmental Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0
Shift: Rotating (United States of America)
Provides a clean, safe, sanitary, and aesthetically pleasing environment for residents, patients, visitors, and hospital staff. Performs other duties as assigned by department manager, supervisors, and/or charge persons.
Job Description: Essential Functions:
- Employee completes checklists accurately for shampooing, buffing, bed washing, furniture cleaning and refrigerators. Enters all work orders in the computer.
- Employee has sufficient knowledge, through in-services, to operate equipment using proper procedures, with no more than 1 valid complaint as verified by routine inspection.
- Employee understands and follows proper disposal procedures for hazardous and medical waste in accordance with established guidelines, with no more than one valid complaint as verified by routine inspection.
- Provides a safe environment through the proper operation, care and storage of equipment.
- Reports all broken equipment and damage to hospital property to supervisor or charge person of the time.
- All other duties as assigned.
Preferred:Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General StudiesExperience - 1+ years of Housekeeping/Custodian ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
Regional Health is an integrated health care system with the purpose of helping patients and communities live well. The organization, with headquarters in Rapid City, S.D., provides community-based health care in more than 20 communities in two states and 32 specialty areas of medicine. As the largest private employer in western South Dakota, Regional Health is comprised of five hospitals, 24 clinic locations and employs nearly 5,000 physicians and caregivers. Regional Health is committed to the future of medicine, with medical training partnerships, a medical residency program, and more than 130 active research studies.
How to Apply:
Come join us in our pursuit to become the best healthcare system in America!
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.