Job Summary: Responsible for preparing and serving the daily complimentary breakfast or evening social to guests
- Take inventory of food, beverages and supplies needed for each day.
- Put together a list of supplies and food needed to be ordered for the manager.
- Prepare foods such as pre-packaged meats, pre-cooked eggs, cut fruit, coffee and juices from concentrate.
- Stock and maintain the serving area during hours of operation to ensure high levels of guest satisfaction.
- Keep waste tracking log up-to-date and current.
- Set-up and tear down the serving area to the standard of the hotel.
- Keep the serving area clean during hours of operation. Make sure the serving area is clean before leaving for the day.
- Wash all serving dishes and utensils at the end of service.
- Properly store food to conform to health standards.
- Be flexible in regard to work schedule.
- Report to work on time and in proper and clean uniform, including name tag.
- Handle all duties according to hotel policies, procedures, internal rules and standards.
- Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations. Be up-to-date with all changes, new procedures and events, always look for ways to create a savings without compromising service.
- Have knowledge about guest rooms, locations, amenities, features and all other services offered by the hotel
- Assist fellow associates in their jobs when able to improve daily operations of the hotel.
- Have knowledge about all emergency procedures and know how to act on them.
- Be aware of potential sales leads. Report and follow-up any potential sales leads.
- Have knowledge about the city, the local area and attractions to provide the guests with all requested information.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager.
- Greet all guests immediately and offer assistance before the guest needs to ask. Focus your total attention on the guest.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid drivers license, Proof of insurance and pass as approved driver.(if applicable)
Climbing stairs occasionally
Near vision constantly
Far vision constantly
Lifting/carrying up to 50+lbs.
The hotel business operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Due to this, it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shifts to conform to the demands of the hotel and our guests. In addition, this is the hospitality business and a hospitality service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with all rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subjected to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent
- Restaurant kitchen: 2 years
Required license or certification: