Accounts Payable Manager
- Red Wing, MN, USA
Red Wing Shoe Company is based in Red Wing, Minnesota, just 40 minutes from St. Paul, where our corporate office sits along the Mississippi River in downtown Red Wing. We are a global company with 2300 employees around the world, but we maintain a close-knit team atmosphere that comes with being a privately held company. Were rich in history and tradition, but innovation drives us to deliver best-in-class product solutions and highly rated customer experiences. Our focus on our people and culture results in meaningful employee engagement across the organization. Our Guiding Principles of Living our Values, Honoring our Brands, Inspiring Our People, Centering on the Customer, and Preserving the Long Term Success and Legacy of Our Company are the foundation on which we build our future.
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the accounts payable function including related month end close activities. Manage and direct the accounts payable activities in support of the Companys overall fiscal management goals and objectives. Safeguard company assets by ensuring accounts are reconciled, and accounts payable activities are in compliance of policies and procedures.
- Ensure the effective operations of the Accounts Payable team, taking a hands on approach when required.
- Leads all AP day to day operations, as well as driving process change across the department and end to end process.
- Establish consistent policies, procedures and tools across business units. Develop training and communication plans to educate business and new personnel on policies, including Vendor Set-up, T&E/concur, and PO/Procurement policies.
- Develop AP KPIs to track and improve performance, determine optimal flow of invoices, integrating collaborative and customer service orientated behaviors.
- Oversee the 1099 compliance, escheatment and sales and use tax compliance for AP processes
- Oversee the month end accounting processes for applicable areas including proper cut-off, accruals, prepaids, flux analysis, and account reconciliation in Blackline.
- Build and maintain strong relationships by collaborating cross functionally, communicating frequently with stakeholders and providing transparency to projects and initiatives.
- Oversee the internal controls in respective Procure to Pay process. Includes maintenance of the control documentation and training of team on applicable controls.
- Collaborate with Business Technology on financial system and system utilization, in addition to coordinating with IT to drive solutions for reporting improvements, ERP capability and ensures implementation of requisite system changes to support the business units needs.
- Lead or participate cross-functionally on projects that deliver BU growth, continuous improvement, or compliance. Establish project teams and plans, assign responsibilities and facilitate meetings to ensure goal attainment.
- Provide support to Finance Management and other internal/external customers as needs arise, including ad-hoc financial analysis, special projects and external audit support.
- Bachelors Degree (B.A/B.S.) required; preferably in the area of Finance, Accounting or a related field from an accredited College or University
- 5-7 years of relevant accounting experience with progressive responsibility
- Experience in process improvements and developing systematic process
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with all levels of management.
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a pro-active manner, or within a team environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Excellent project management skills, organizational skills, communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team
- Must be able to drive results and manage multiple priorities
- Experience with financial systems, Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel, basic knowledge in Word and Outlook as well as the ability and ability to optimize business technology tools to improve business processes
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor`s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
E-Verify Right To Work
A good fit is about more than just being able to wiggle your big toe. At Red Wing Shoe Company we're looking for a great overall fit for our team.
Red Wing Shoe Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
RWSC Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes. Therefore, unless a search firm or recruiter has a current, written contractual agreement with RWSC Inc., resumes received from search firms or recruiters will be considered unsolicited and will be retained, used, or deleted, in each case without obligation to any party.