Sanimax is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to join our team in South St. Paul Minnesota!
In support of achieving company goals and operational excellence, the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist plays an integral role in creating a Safety Culture at Sanimax, ensuring EHS is a priority. This individual is also responsible for the education of occupational hazards, environmental impacts, risks and remedies. The Specialist will help ensure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations, procedures. This individual will also work closely with corporate EHS functions to identify and implement initiatives to achieve a Safety Culture throughout Sanimax.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary package with bonus.
- 401K with a $1 for $1 match up to 5%
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Fun team environment
- Responds to and address site and employee EHS issues/concerns.Develop a work culture that is focused on safety.
- Maintain, administer and ensure conformance and awareness of the Environmental, Health & Safety Management System across all applicable functional groups within the organization ensuring personnel have the necessary understanding to fulfill their job responsibilities.
- Ability to explain complex compliance requirements and procedures in a way all employees and leaders understand.
- Ability to lead change and influence leaders at the site to help find appropriate solutions.
- Take EHS procedures to actionable levels through development of processes and training assuring procedures and work instructions reflect actual practices.
- Ensures proactive compliance with identified environmental and occupational health and safety regulatory requirements.
- Conduct inspections, audits and training to help ensure compliance and identify any corrective actions needed as the result of the audit.
- Assist with root cause incident investigations; verify effective corrective actions have been implemented.
- Conduct EHS compliance reviews, hazard and risk analyses on processes and activities; recommend process improvements, engineering controls and personal protective equipment to minimize hazards and risk.
- Assist in understanding and applying standard operating procedures and work instructions, provide appropriate guidance and coaching while facilitating best practice development and deployment.
- Measure performance of the EHS management system and report progress, collect and analyze data to help prioritize EHS activities, projects and initiatives.
- Strong time management, prioritization and autonomy skills.
- 4 year university degree related to EHS or similar field OR Equivalent experience and training
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety
- Passionate about EHS with the mindset of a business leader to understand the realities business leaders face.
- Experience building an Environmental, Health and Safety culture, and understanding the energy and patience required to create this environment.
- Strong level of integrity and leadership to strengthen EHS and compliance culture
- Experience with the design and implementation of management systems such as ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc.
- Experience giving dynamic Environmental, Health and Safety training and coaching to managers and employees.
- Experience working with governmental agencies and external parties.
- Other preferred qualifications include Lean/Six Sigma techniques related to problem solving.
Please apply at: THIS EMAIL OR https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SANIMAX&cws=5&rid=1355
How to Apply:
Sanimax USA LLC