Data Analytics - Solution Architect
Were passionate about our associates. We look for special people to join our team. Given the work we do, naturally they tend to be very bright and highly imaginative. But we also look for people who are disciplined about their work, and committed to their professional growth. Who are collaborators and communicators, problem-solvers and opportunity-seizers. Who are engaging, fun, pleasant people with the integrity we value so highly.
Were looking for the needle in the haystack. We are GROWING and are in need of an amazing Data Analytics - Solution Architect!
As a Data Analytics - Solution Architect at Skyline you will:
- Exemplify the company`s core values
- Recommend, design and develop client solutions utilizing proven methodologies and leading-edge Microsoft data analytics tools
- Draw upon analytical and problem-solving skills, DW and BI solution development experience, and a passion for creating scalable and reliable structured data solutions to support faster access to insight for internal and external customers
- Design, develop, and implement robust analytic solutions on the Microsoft platform for customers, ensuring their expectations and business decision-making needs are met
- Develop reporting and analytics, and create dashboards to support customer BI needs
- Build and maintain data warehouses, work with analytic tools, transform data to insight, and partner with customers and stakeholders to answer key business questions
- Be involved in all parts of the BI development process, from gathering requirements to solution delivery and documentation of lessons learned
- Be an expert in your field providing value and solutions to a variety of clients in different industries while working with an incredible team
- Provide top-notch service and suggestions to not only your clients and the project youre working on, but also to your Skyline teammates
- Work with other technical experts in your field, and also with state of the art technology
- Provide exceptional service to clients by developing long-term customer relationships based on trust, delivery on results, and mutual respect
- Be comfortable presenting ideas and knowledge to technical and business audiences
- Be a technical and strategic thought-leader for the team
To be considered for the Data Analytics - Solution Architect role at Skyline you must, at a minimum:
Additional valuable qualifications:
- An Associates degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related technical discipline plus a minimum of five years developing enterprise Microsoft Business Intelligence solutions
- Ability to solution architect complex data analytics solutions using Microsoft technologies
- Previous consulting and/or solution architect experience
- Deep experience with SQL Server analytics technologies (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) and extensive experience working with T-SQL, developing stored procedures, etc.
- Extensive experience developing enterprise data warehouses
- Thorough understanding of data warehouse design theory (Kimball data modeling)
- Extensive experience developing Microsoft BI solutions in Visual Studio, SSDT, and/or BIDS
- Experience building Tabular and/or Multidimensional models in MS Visual Studio
- Experience with Power BI, especially in enterprise deployments
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects while remaining focused on the needs of end users, clients, and the Practice
- Ability to work independently or as a leader/member of a team of technical professionals
- Proficient programming, algorithm, data structure, and object-oriented programming & methodology experience
- Desire for continued education and certification as it relates to the position
- Previous experience in an organizational leadership role is a plus
- Experience architecting and implementing data analytics solutions in Azure
- Ability to develop complex, context-aware DAX formulas
- Experience in predictive analytics (especially Azure ML)
- Experience with statistical analysis using R
- Experience with Big Data BI solutions including Hadoop (HDInsight/Spark), Microsoft APS, Azure SQL DW, etc.
- Experience working with additional database types including Oracle, AS400, Hadoop
- Experience in programming utilizing C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET or equivalent languages
- Microsoft Certifications such as: MCSE: Data Platform, MCSE: Business Intelligence, MCSA: SQL Server 2008/2012, MCTS: SQL Server 2008 - Implementation and Maintenance, MCTS: SQL Server 2008 - Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance, MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008
- Application development experience is a plus
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
At Skyline Technologies, our work environment is designed to foster personal, professional, and corporate growth. Our distinctive culture promotes a healthy balance between family and professional life, provides educational and growth opportunities, and encourages teamwork and fun.
With a variety of careers in the IT field to offer, Skyline actively recruits and hires the best and brightest IT people around. Our associates are innovators, developers, and implementers who possess a great business sense as well as outstanding technical skills. If you’re a talented technical professional looking for a rewarding and challenging career, Skyline wants to hear from you!
Skyline Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Employer.