Data Analytics - Senior BI Engineer
Locations: AppletonGreen BayMilwaukee
Were passionate about our associates. We look for special people to join our team. Given the work we do, naturally they tend to be very bright and highly imaginative. But we also look for people who are disciplined about their work, and committed to their professional growth. Who are collaborators and communicators, problem-solvers and opportunity-seizers. Who are engaging, fun, pleasant people with the integrity we value so highly.
Were looking for the needle in the haystack. We are GROWING and are in need of an amazing Data Analytics - Senior BI Engineer !
As a Data Analytics - Senior BI Engineer at Skyline you will:
- Analyze, develop and deliver solutions using the Microsoft BI stack
- Demonstrate the company`s core values
- Draw upon analytical and problem-solving skills, BI solution development experience, and a passion for creating scalable and reliable structured data solutions to support faster access to insight for internal and external customers
- Design, develop, and deliver business intelligence solutions on the Microsoft platform for customers, ensuring their expectations and business decision making tool capabilities are met
- Develop reporting and analytics, and create dashboards to support customer BI needs
- Build and maintain databases, work with analytic tools, write excellent SQL scripts and partner with customers and stakeholders to answer key business questions
- Be involved in all parts of the business intelligence development process, from gathering requirements, to solution delivery, and documentation of lessons learned
- Recommend, design, and develop client solutions utilizing BI tools and processes
- Be an expert in your field providing value and solutions to a variety of clients in different industries while working with an incredible team
- Provide top-notch service and suggestions to not only your clients and the project youre working on, but also to your Skyline teammates
- Work with other technical experts in your field, and with state-of-the-art technology
- Provide exceptional service to clients by developing long-term customer relationships based on trust, delivery on results, and mutual respect
To be considered for the Data Analytics - Senior BI Engineer role at Skyline you must, at a minimum:
Additional valuable qualifications:
- An Associates degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related technical discipline plus a minimum of four years developing Microsoft Business Intelligence solutions
- Ability to end-to-end solution architect moderately complex BI solutions using Microsoft BI tools
- Extensive experience working with T-SQL, developing stored procedures, etc. in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience developing data warehouses and with data warehouse design theory (Kimball data modeling)
- Experience developing Microsoft BI solutions in Visual Studio, SSDT, and/or BIDS using SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS
- Experience building Tabular and/or Multidimensional models in SQL Server Analysis Services
- Experience building solutions in Power BI
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects while remaining focused on the needs of end users, clients, and the Project Manager
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team of technical professionals
- Proficient programming, algorithm, data structure, and object-oriented programming & methodology experience
- Desire for continued education and certification as it relates to the position
- Experience architecting and implementing data analytics solutions in Azure
- Experience working with PowerPivot and/or Power Query
- Experience with Big Data BI solutions such as Azure Data Lake, Microsoft APS, Azure SQL DW, etc.
- Experience working with additional database types including Oracle, AS400, Hadoop
- Experience in programming utilizing C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET or equivalent languages
- Microsoft Certifications such as: MCSE: Data Platform, MCSE: Business Intelligence, MCSA: SQL Server 2008/2012, MCTS: SQL Server 2008 - Implementation and Maintenance, MCTS: SQL Server 2008 - Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance, MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008
- Application development experience
- Previous consulting experience
- If you have more experience and/or qualifications beyond this, thats great, we have a number of levels available within our structure!
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
At Skyline Technologies, our work environment is designed to foster personal, professional, and corporate growth. Our distinctive culture promotes a healthy balance between family and professional life, provides educational and growth opportunities, and encourages teamwork and fun.
With a variety of careers in the IT field to offer, Skyline actively recruits and hires the best and brightest IT people around. Our associates are innovators, developers, and implementers who possess a great business sense as well as outstanding technical skills. If you’re a talented technical professional looking for a rewarding and challenging career, Skyline wants to hear from you!
Skyline Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Employer.