Data Analytics - Solution Architect We have an opportunity for an amazing Data Analytics - Solution Architect to join our growing team. AppletonMilwaukee--> Click here to apply.
What your typical day looks like As a Solution Architect on the Data Analytics team, you will work directly with clients to recommend and design solutions utilizing proven methodologies and leading-edge Microsoft data analytics tools. You will have the opportunity daily to draw upon your analytical and problem-solving skills, DW and BI solution development experience, and a passion for creating scalable and reliable structured data solutions to support faster access to insight for internal and external customers.
As a Skyline consultant, you will be involved in all parts of the BI development process, from gathering requirements to solution delivery and documentation of lessons learned. You will develop reporting and analytics solutions that utilize data visualization tools and techniques to make data consumable and provide business insight, build and maintain data warehouses, work with analytic tools, transform data to insight, and partner with customers and stakeholders to answer key business questions. You will have the chance to design, develop and deliver analytic solutions on the Microsoft platform for customers, ensuring their expectations and business decision-making needs are met, while working with an incredible team.
Every day at Skyline you will have the opportunity to not only be an expert in your field providing value and solutions to a variety of clients in different industries, but also provide top-notch service and suggestions to your clients, Skyline teammates and the project youre working on, all while working with other an incredible team of technical experts in your field with state-of-the-art technology.
What you will enjoy
Click here to apply
- Variety in your work with opportunities to expand your skillset
- Life-work balance and flexible hours
- Supportive leadership and team members
- Continuing education and networking opportunities
- Competitive benefits package
- A fun, supportive work environment with team engagements and family-friendly events
What we look for (minimum requirements)
Bonus if you have
- Minimum of an Associate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related technical discipline plus a minimum of five years developing enterprise Business Intelligence solutions
- Ability to solution architect complex data analytics solutions using Microsoft technologies
- Previous consulting and/or solution architect experience
- Deep experience with SQL Server analytics technologies (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) and extensive experience working with T-SQL, developing stored procedures, etc.
- Extensive experience developing enterprise data warehouses
- Thorough understanding of data warehouse design theory (Kimball and/or Inmon)
- Extensive experience developing Microsoft BI solutions in Visual Studio, SSDT, and/or BIDS
- Experience building Tabular and Multidimensional models in MS Visual Studio
- Experience integrating Microsoft BI solutions with SharePoint
- Experience with Power BI especially in enterprise deployments
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects while remaining focused on the needs of end-users, clients and the Project Manager
- Ability to work independently or as a leader/member of a team of technical professionals
- Proficient programming, algorithm, data structure and object-oriented programming & methodology experience
- Desire for continued education and certification as it relates to the position
Click here to apply
- Previous experience in an organizational leadership role
- Experience architecting and implementing data analytics solutions in Azure
- Ability to develop complex, context-aware DAX formulas
- Experience in predictive analytics (especially Azure ML)
- Experience with statistical analysis using R
- Experience with Big Data BI solutions including Hadoop (HDInsight/Spark), Microsoft APS, Azure SQL DW, etc.
- Experience working with additional database types including Oracle, AS400, Hadoop
- Experience in programming utilizing C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET or equivalent languages is a plus
- Microsoft Certifications such as: MCSE: Data Platform, MCSE: Business Intelligence, MCSA: SQL Server 2008/2012, MCTS: SQL Server 2008 - Implementation and Maintenance, MCTS: SQL Server 2008 - Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance, MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008
About Skyline Skyline is a place where people work better together. We look for people who are passionate about technology, do whats right, and care about others. Founded in 1992 as a tech staffing agency, weve grown beyond our roots and over the years evolved into a full-service IT consulting firm providing world-class solutions and consultative service to companies around the world.
Our associates are consultants who come to work each morning to support their communities by helping clients thrive in a rapidly transforming digital world. We exist to help businesses make better decisions, drive innovation, and convert ideas into great products and services. We do this to build a brighter future for our families and communities.
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
At Skyline Technologies, our work environment is designed to foster personal, professional, and corporate growth. Our distinctive culture promotes a healthy balance between family and professional life, provides educational and growth opportunities, and encourages teamwork and fun.
With a variety of careers in the IT field to offer, Skyline actively recruits and hires the best and brightest IT people around. Our associates are innovators, developers, and implementers who possess a great business sense as well as outstanding technical skills. If you’re a talented technical professional looking for a rewarding and challenging career, Skyline wants to hear from you!
Skyline Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Employer.