Data Platform Engineer We have an opportunity for an amazing Data Platform Engineer to join our growing team. AppletonGreen BayMilwaukee--> Click here to apply.
What your typical day looks like
What you will enjoy
- Create estimates or provide input to estimates
- Provide role leadership, in the form of standards enforcement for the team
- Develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships
- Perform any special duties as assigned by your leader
- Troubleshoot performance and configuration-related data platform issues for different client environments
- Deliver project-based objectives across multiple environments
- Manage multiple priorities across multiple engagements
- Communicate directly with client partners
- Work independently as well as part of a team, depending on the engagement
- Variety in your work with opportunities to expand your skillset
- Life-work balance and flexible hours
- Supportive leadership and team members
- Continuing education and networking opportunities
- Competitive benefits package
- A fun, supportive work environment with team engagements and family-friendly events
What we look for (minimum requirements)
Bonus if you
- 5+ years of SQL Server database administration experience
- Installation, upgrade, configuration and administration with relevant versions of SQL Server.
- SQL HA/DR solutions (backup, restores, recovery included)
- Troubleshooting data platform performance problems, query tuning and optimization. Effective knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Data security principles and implementing security with SQL Server.
- Implementing operational automation using scripting, including PowerShell.
- Ability to hold a consultative discussion to help solve client partner challenges.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends in database technology
Click here to apply
- Hold SQL Server-specific certifications or credentials
- Have familiarity with Data Analytics-specific technologies:
- SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, MDS, DQS, Power BI
- Optimizing Input/output including at a disk level.
- Windows clustering.
- Networking - Things like Active Directory, firewalls, DMZ & general troubleshooting.
- Debugging on the Windows platform
About Skyline Skyline is a place where people work better together. We look for people who are passionate about technology, do whats right, and care about others. Founded in 1992 as a tech staffing agency, weve grown beyond our roots and over the years evolved into a full-service IT consulting firm providing world-class solutions and consultative service to companies around the world.
Our associates are consultants who come to work each morning to support their communities by helping clients thrive in a rapidly transforming digital world. We exist to help businesses make better decisions, drive innovation, and convert ideas into great products and services. We do this to build a brighter future for our families and communities.
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
At Skyline Technologies, our work environment is designed to foster personal, professional, and corporate growth. Our distinctive culture promotes a healthy balance between family and professional life, provides educational and growth opportunities, and encourages teamwork and fun.
With a variety of careers in the IT field to offer, Skyline actively recruits and hires the best and brightest IT people around. Our associates are innovators, developers, and implementers who possess a great business sense as well as outstanding technical skills. If you’re a talented technical professional looking for a rewarding and challenging career, Skyline wants to hear from you!
Skyline Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Employer.