Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
We have an opportunity for an amazing Data Platform Engineer to join our growing team.
What your typical day looks like
What you will enjoy
- Create estimates or provide input to estimates
- Provide role leadership, in the form of standards enforcement for the team
- Develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships
- Perform any special duties as assigned by your leader
- Troubleshoot performance and configuration-related data platform issues for different client environments
- Deliver project-based objectives across multiple environments
- Manage multiple priorities across multiple engagements
- Communicate directly with client partners
- Work independently as well as part of a team, depending on the engagement
- Variety in your work with opportunities to expand your skillset
- Life-work balance and flexible hours
- Supportive leadership and team members
- Continuing education and networking opportunities
- Competitive benefits package
- A fun, supportive work environment with team engagements and family-friendly events
What we look for (minimum requirements)
Bonus if you...
- 5+ years of SQL Server database administration experience
- Installation, upgrade, configuration and administration with relevant versions of SQL Server.
- SQL HA/DR solutions (backup, restores, recovery included)
- Troubleshooting data platform performance problems, query tuning and optimization. Effective knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Data security principles and implementing security with SQL Server.
- Implementing operational automation using scripting, including PowerShell.
- Ability to hold a consultative discussion to help solve client partner challenges.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends in database technology
- Hold SQL Server-specific certifications or credentials
- Have familiarity with Data Analytics-specific technologies:
- SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, MDS, DQS, Power BI
- Optimizing Input/output including at a disk level.
- Windows clustering.
- Networking - Things like Active Directory, firewalls, DMZ & general troubleshooting.
- Debugging on the Windows platform
Skyline is a place where people work better together. We look for people who are passionate about technology, do what`s right, and care about others. Founded in 1992 as a tech staffing agency, we`ve grown beyond our roots and over the years evolved into a full-service IT consulting firm providing world-class solutions and consultative service to companies around the world.
Our associates are consultants who come to work each morning to support their communities by helping clients thrive in a rapidly transforming digital world. We exist to help businesses make better decisions, drive innovation, and convert ideas into great products and services. We do this to build a brighter future for our families and communities.
Skyline Technologies https://skylinetechnologies.isolvedhire.com
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
At Skyline Technologies, our work environment is designed to foster personal, professional, and corporate growth. Our distinctive culture promotes a healthy balance between family and professional life, provides educational and growth opportunities, and encourages teamwork and fun.
With a variety of careers in the IT field to offer, Skyline actively recruits and hires the best and brightest IT people around. Our associates are innovators, developers, and implementers who possess a great business sense as well as outstanding technical skills. If you’re a talented technical professional looking for a rewarding and challenging career, Skyline wants to hear from you!
Skyline Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Employer.