Under general supervision, monitors and maintains networking systems including Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks; monitors these systems on a day to day basis including backups; configures network switches\routers including installation of workstation operating systems; upgrading hardware and software as necessary, troubleshooting and repair of network devices; installation and configuration of network firewalls; implements end user network services; responsible for security access to the [more] network; supports the VoIP telephone system; reports on installation and maintenance of network devices, software and user services; arranges necessary repair of hardware and/or software; provides hardware/software and documentation to users as needed; runs system reports; maintains up-to-date technical knowledge of Information Technology systems and methodologies. Reports to Technology Supervisor. [less]
Job Skills / Requirements
1. Monitoring and maintaining the networking systems including local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN).
2. Maintaining and testing backups of networking systems.
3. Responsible for managing assigned server applications.
4. Implements the design and configuration of local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN); responsible for the management of cellular technologies, including smart phones.
5. Installation of workstation/server/networking operating systems.
6. Obtain [more] pricing for hardware and software; upgrade hardware and software as necessary; move and/or unpack and install hardware as received.
7. Troubleshooting and repair of network devices, workstations, mobile devices, and servers.
8. Implementation of end user services (i.e., printing, user accounts, mobile technology assistance).
9. Responsible for security access to the network, including the setup and maintenance of company firewalls, associated firewall functions and VPN services; responsible for routing of layer 2 and layer 3 devices.
10. Transporting, installation and maintenance of computer peripherals (e.g., personal computers, servers, printers, routers, switches or related equipment)
11. Documentation and reporting on the installation and maintenance of network devices, software, VoIP telephone system devices and user services; compile and present system reports.
12. Maintain spare parts inventory for networking equipment and arrange for necessary repair of hardware and/or software.
13. Provide hardware/software and documentation to users as needed.
14. Interacts with various individuals and groups such as system users, management, vendors, consultants and other technical support staff.
15.Provide support and training for the VoIP telephone system.
16.Provides help desk support to company users.
17.Assists Senior IT Specialist - Servers as needed.
18.Assist in completing projects assigned to Information Technology as needed.
19.Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Requires an Associate degree in the field of Information Technology ; or certification in CCNA or advanced networking certification, plus 5 years of experience including: networking devices; Windows Server Operating Systems design/administration and security; Windows Desktop Operating Systems and Desktop applications; working knowledge of Exchange Server, SQL Server, File and Print Servers, software firewalls; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must possess valid drivers license. Technology related certifications preferred. [less]
Education Requirements (All)
Associates Degree in field of Information Technology
How to Apply:
Join Spartanburg Water and you'll reap the rewards of a career in a stable industry dedicated to the protection of public health and the environment. We promote a positive work/life balance, offering our staff flexible schedules where possible. We're members of the South Carolina Retirement System, and provide a competitive compensation package.
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 251
Spartanburg, SC 29304