See all jobs in atlanta GA
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Reports To: Executive Committee of the Board of Directors
Reporting to this position: All STS Staff (3)
Summary: Direct and lead the Southeast Tourism Society (STS) and its members that encompass 12 Southeastern states. Work in partnership with the board of directors in executing the mission and growth of this industry association, located in Atlanta, GA.
Start date: July, 2018
- Provide leadership and strategic vision to the organization.
- Collaborate with and nurture existing and potential funding sources to ensure a stable, adequate and continuous funding base (i.e. expanding and diversifying membership, increasing sponsorships, increasing attendance and participation, etc.)
- Be an advocate for the interests of the industry and the SE region at a state, regional and national level.
- Directly manage and develop the STS team.
- Utilize association management best practices.
- Oversee the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and conducting an annual audit.
- Attend meetings of the membership, board and designated committees
- Build and maintain relationships with key industry associations and other stakeholder groups
- Follow stated bylaws of STS as well as all of the policies and procedures of the organization.
- All other duties as assigned by the STS board of directors.
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent work-related experience.
- Ideal candidate will have a CAE designation (preferred)
- At least seven years of association management or tourism industry experience (required).
- Experience with governmental relations and advocacy (preferred).
- Board governance and management experience (required).
- Experience in developing and implementing successful partnership programs and initiatives.
- Strong business acumen – demonstrated success growing an organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and PCs is required and familiarity with Member Clicks or other association management software is a plus
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience of creating a team environment by managing, recruiting and developing staff.
- Politically astute
- Top Priorities:
- Develop strong and meaningful relationships with all stakeholders and constituents.
- Review and understand current business plan and strategy.
- Develop and execute new initiatives to grow and strengthen the association.
How to Apply:
Southeast Tourism Society